View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Post Thanksgiving Report

Rate this Entry
by , November 30th, 2013 at 10:03 AM (1271 Views)
Happy post thanksgiving! Chowsh is here visiting and getting bossed around by yours truly! Swimming-wise, just maintaining this week and trying to stay in good to top condition through the New Years.

My times from our SCM meet were relatively strong - I now have 2 x #2 times, and 2 x #3 times, so what a bonus for 4 more TTs on my way to 200 lifetime TTs! I suspect they will hold in the top ten, but maybe move down a few places by the close of the season.

I will not be able to swim my big swim meet in December. I will be going to Pittsburgh, PA and Washington, DC for a memorial service 12/05 to 12/10.

Instead, I will use the DAMM relay meet as a tune-up to bridge the gap from Nov to my next swim meet, which who knows when that will be. I requested the 200 free, fly, back, and breast relays, and to put my in anything else. I won't wear my fast suit, but i'll take racing seriously and do my best effort. They have almost always used the electronic timing system, in the event another team wants to get times to count for USMS. I hope they do this year, so I can get my lead off or split time as a gauge.

I tried a quasi-race pace set, but in retrospect, the morning after Thanksgiving wasn't the best time to start! Yours truly felt like a beached whale whilst in the water, with peanut sized lungs due to overcapacity Thanksgiving food still making its way through my system!

The set I tried was

4 times through, 1 set each stroke:
100 straight swim, working on the turns;
4 x 25's race pace on :30
easy 50 in between; total time 3 minutes

The free wasn't too bad - 14 15 15 16
The fly was a complete fail 16 18 18 20
The back was off before the 1st 25 18 20 20 20
The breast was who knows 21 23 23 23

While we have done fast 25's on :30 for years, it's completely different when you go that elusive extra to go true race pace. Obviously I have a long way to go! And that's just 4 measly 25's!!!

Then I did "Rich Abrahams" starts - start with 4 strokes, 6, strokes, 8 strokes.

Then I did a 50 free fast
30 flat.

Well, i'd like to say it was Thanksgiving eating and playing host, but then again, there is always some handicap, and I haven't gotten any faster. How many times have I posted I did a :30? Ugh. Well, at least i'm not getting slower.

Submit "Post Thanksgiving Report" to Digg Submit "Post Thanksgiving Report" to del.icio.us Submit "Post Thanksgiving Report" to StumbleUpon Submit "Post Thanksgiving Report" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments