View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 62 - Monday lunch training camp workout #2

Rate this Entry
I headed back to the pool just before lunch for weights and swim #2 for the day. The weights were tough and I felt very stiff during the swim. Luckily the swim was mainly a loose warmup and a bunch of rounds on the power lift machine which was fun. Despite going hard it's not as tough as a set of 200s and I recover very quickly which means I can go pretty hard for quite a while.

Weights I did my usual 3 rounds of 10,8,6 reps and did the following exercises

3x(bench press, leg press, lat pull down, seated row, free weight arm extensions, pull ups)

i then did 20 mins straight on the vasa trainer and then did 12 minutes of medicine ball work; 3x(both arms above head, chest, throw down, one arm) I used 12lb medicine balls on all except the one arm where I used an 8lb on each arm. These were 1 minute per exercise.

The swim was:

6x(200 free with snorkel on 2.30, 100 kick on 1.45)
8x100 drill swim by 25 on 1.20
10x50s with 50lbs in power lift with 30 seconds rest
6x50s with 75lbs in power lift with 30 seconds rest
200 easy

Total 3000scy

Submit "Week 62 - Monday lunch training camp workout #2" to Digg Submit "Week 62 - Monday lunch training camp workout #2" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 62 - Monday lunch training camp workout #2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 62 - Monday lunch training camp workout #2" to Google

Updated December 2nd, 2013 at 04:16 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

No idea how your body can handle 3 workouts a day You might be the hardest working masters swimmer in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    No idea how your body can handle 3 workouts a day … You might be the hardest working masters swimmer in the country.
    Or the craziest

In the nicest possible way i blame my mother, who instilled in me at a very early age that nothing comes easy and if you want something you have to work for it. I definately have a fire in my belly.

My coach let me know that my 1000 time i did at the last USAS meet did not get me in the top 16 for the mile on Saturday so unfortunately I won't get to swim that at the USAS meet....you won't believe how happy I was to here I will be doing the 200 back instead.

I suspect by the weekend my body will be very sore and i will be feeling my age
    Updated December 2nd, 2013 at 05:46 PM by StewartACarroll