View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Riverbank swim

Rate this Entry
This morning I had a good workout at Riverbank. I started out very tight and tired (my age group swim coach claims that when he first met me my southern accent was such that he couldnít distinguish between my pronunciation of those two words). It took about 2000 to start to feel loose and good, but eventually I did, and by the end I was enjoying swimming enough I would have stayed longer if they didnít throw us out at 8:30. I shared a lane with Rondi and John but did my own thing as they did a long freestyle set that was (1) too fast (2) too long and (3) too freestyle for me today. Hereís how my workout went:

1000 lcm warmup (400s, 200k, 200p, 200 IM d/s by 25)

12 x 150:
First four = FR/ST/FR, IM order @ 2:45
Middles four = ST/FR/ST, IM order @ 3:00
Last four = all stroke IM order @ 3:00
(rest/stretching as desired between each set of four)
200 IM for time [3:23]

100 easy

4 x 200: odds = FR pull w/paddles, 2 = swim FR/BK by 50, 4 = IM kick

6 x 100 FR/BK halfsies @ 2:00, desc 1-3 and 4-6 [1:48, 1:43, 1:35, 1:55, 1:45, 1:31]

200 warmdown + play

That was it! I left feeling much better than when I started.

I didnít blog much Thanksgiving week, but I did swim. Here are the highlights:

Wednesday: turducken!

Thursday: easy swim at the Y; could hear the Thanksgiving parade going down Central Park West from the locker room

Friday: blissy rest day

Saturday: attempted a lcm set of 10 x (200 @ 3:05, 150 @ 3:05) but gave up after just 6 rounds when the crowded lane plus the fatigue made going on tight intervals too frustrating. This was more tiring than it seems like it should be--I might revisit it when I'm in Florida.

Sunday: swam a mile at Brighton Beach (water and air temp both 45). Swimming hard in the cold plus shivering afterwards maybe accounts for the sore muscles this morning.

Submit "Riverbank swim" to Digg Submit "Riverbank swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Riverbank swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Riverbank swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think I spent the entire first semester I was here saying, "I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" but now I hardly notice the accent.
    I didn't think you had a Southern accent, but more of a NYC accent.

I love the way you say, "that was it," when you swam 4500 LCM

You're not going to the BU meet, are you? I'll be there. Actually I'm doing a mini tour of New England over the week before it. I could swing by NYC to take you up there, but you'd need to find your own way back
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I think I spent the entire first semester I was here saying, "I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" but now I hardly notice the accent.
    Does anyone down there think you talk funny?
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I didn't think you had a Southern accent, but more of a NYC accent.

I love the way you say, "that was it," when you swam 4500 LCM

You're not going to the BU meet, are you? I'll be there. Actually I'm doing a mini tour of New England over the week before it. I could swing by NYC to take you up there, but you'd need to find your own way back
    I'm not going, but thanks for the offer! And good luck at the meet!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Does anyone down there think you talk funny?
    I'm pretty sure they do.