View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 62 - Monday afternoon training camp workout #3

Rate this Entry
All I seemed to do today was eat, rest and swim. A perfect day really! In all seriousness I had a lot of fun. Swimming with the kids in particular is awesome. They have so much energy and are always joking and laughing, oh and swimming pretty darn quick too.

Warm up
3x100 free on 1.25 descend 1-3
4x50 kick on 50
3x100 free on 1.20 descend 1-3
4x50 kick on 45
3x(3x50 free on 45 descend 1-3, 4x25 kick on 25)

Main sets
4x( all pull
4x75 on 1min,#1 breath every 3, #2 12 breaths, #3 9 breaths, #4 6 breaths
5x50 back on 45 no slower than 35
6x25 on 30, #1&4 fly, #2&5 breast, #3&6 half fly, half breast
)
1000 kick for time

Warm down
300 easy

Total 5850scy

The seniors did dry land for an hour before the swim and I joined them for the swim only. The warmup was easy and I felt pretty good considering. The first main set I led my lane and kept up with the fastest kid a couple lanes over. The 1000 kick for time is something they do as a test set and it was really tough, but I ended up going 15.04 which is 1.30.x average which I was really pleased with. The quickest kid in our group went 13mins and most of the fast kids went 14.30s so all things considered my kick after a long day was pretty good. This gets me to about 13k plus weights for the day. I suspect this is going to to be about the average each day. I like the lower yardage per workout spread out over the three sessions.

Submit "Week 62 - Monday afternoon training camp workout #3" to Digg Submit "Week 62 - Monday afternoon training camp workout #3" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 62 - Monday afternoon training camp workout #3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 62 - Monday afternoon training camp workout #3" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Are you doing triples the whole week?

My team used to have a, "triple bypass," day, where a group did the morning-noon-evening workout all on the same day, getting in something like 11 to 12,000 yards for the day. Those who completed it got a special t-shirt. I thought about it, but it never fit into my work schedule, I'd always have some meeting around noon on that day.
    I guess I could do this on my own anyway, we have the three workouts every Mon-Thurs
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Are you doing triples the whole week?
    Yes that's my plan. I will assess daily based on what my body is telling me but I hope I can do it every day. We have a 3 day meet starting Friday so I will do a double workout on Friday but will be competing in the evening session and then two sessions on saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    My team used to have a, "triple bypass," day, where a group did the morning-noon-evening workout all on the same day, getting in something like 11 to 12,000 yards for the day. Those who completed it got a special t-shirt. I thought about it, but it never fit into my work schedule, I'd always have some meeting around noon on that day.
    I guess I could do this on my own anyway, we have the three workouts every Mon-Thurs
    This is the second one of these weeks I have done and use it as a final push before I taper. Despite having two more weeks after this week before I start my taper we start to come down in yardage just because I go back to normal workouts.