View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 62 - Tuesday lunch time training camp workout #5

Rate this Entry
As I blogged after the swim this morning I felt pretty rough in the water and my left shoulder in particular had some stiffness. By the time I got to the pool for the lunch time session I felt much better, not brilliant but better and looser than earlier. The weights seemed to help so and despite doing a lot in the weight room I felt pretty decent in the pool.

We we did our typical weights routine with 3 circuits but did 10,6,4 reps instead of the normal 10,8,6 reps. We threw in a few additional exercises though.

3x(leg press, bench press, tricep curls, lat pull downs hands inside, lat pull downs hands outside, seated row hands inside, seated row hands outside, pull ups, free weight bicep curls)

i then did 15 minutes straight on the Vasa trainer followed by 12 minutes of various sit-up related exercises.

Swim
16x100 free with snorkel on 1.20
5x100 kick descend 1-5 on 2min
10x50 drill swim by 25 on 50
10x50 with bungee cord on 1min
400 swim with parachute, swum 10 strokes easy, 10 strokes fast
100 easy
Total 3500scy

I swam the 16x100s as a nice long warmup and after about 5 held 1.07s. I felt good. The kick I went 1.30,1.27,1.25,1.23,1.21. The bungee cord work was hard and the parachute was even harder. I had the really short chute hich made kicking very hard. Home for some more food and then I am back in the pool from 4.30-7pm. This will be a long one!

Submit "Week 62 - Tuesday lunch time training camp workout #5" to Digg Submit "Week 62 - Tuesday lunch time training camp workout #5" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 62 - Tuesday lunch time training camp workout #5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 62 - Tuesday lunch time training camp workout #5" to Google

Updated December 3rd, 2013 at 03:38 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments