Rate this Entry
Monday:

1750 EZ

Tuesday: Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

Warm up:

600 various
100 scull
100 caterpillar fly drill
2 x (4 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40 + 50 EZ)
50 EZ

Main Sets:

4 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

4 x 30 burst SDK + cruise back from the blocks
100 EZ

5 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ), a few from the blocks
100 EZ

1 x 50 fly w/fins, broken for :10 (20)
300 EZ

Total: 2500

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started my taper. No easy speed yet. My times were fast, but my 50 fly felt kinda labored. I've decided what I'm going to swim at NE Champs. Sat will be 50 fly, 50 breast (instead of 100 back) and 50 free as a split request in the 100. I'm probably giving up an AA in the 100 back, but I don't want to swim that event close to 50 free. And I think I should bust out a 50 free on day 1 rather than waiting until after the 100 IM on day 2. Sunday I'll do 100 IM, 50 free (if I need to) and 100 fly. If I don't swim 50 free, I can swim 50 back at the end for fun.

Now that I have taper meets on the brain, I was looking ahead to SCY. I will definitely go to Colonies Zones, but it's a poor order of events for me for a taper meet. 4 of my best events are on Sunday with 100 IM and 50 back back to back. And 100 back and 50 fly are very close with the 50 fly after the 100 back on Saturday. I have to find another meet to rest for and get some times. Any ideas folks? I might consider heading to Auburn in February.

Submit "Dec. 2-3" to Digg Submit "Dec. 2-3" to del.icio.us Submit "Dec. 2-3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dec. 2-3" to Google

Updated December 3rd, 2013 at 04:28 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I might consider heading to Auburn in February.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I tapered for the Feb. Auburn meet back in 2009. I love that pool!
    When/where are Colonies zones?

I'm looking forward to NE Champs too, and hopefully more people will sign up. My problem is that I will probably only swim twice next week (if I'm lucky) before it. Certainly not what Paul would want out of a taper.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    When/where are Colonies zones?

I'm looking forward to NE Champs too, and hopefully more people will sign up. My problem is that I will probably only swim twice next week (if I'm lucky) before it. Certainly not what Paul would want out of a taper.
    CZ is April 4-6, a bit earlier than usual this year. They are at George Mason University in Fairfax VA outside DC. Very nice pool.

NE Champs up to 353.
    Forget SCY and consider the Ontario Provincial Champs March 28th to 30th in the big, brand new pool they are building there -- http://2014provincialchampionships.com/. There's about a 1-2% chance I'll go, but that's around my birthday so I'm thinking about seeing if my wife's game for me to do that AND Santa Clara. The event order would rock for me to jet in for two days and do the 400 IM on Friday and then the 200 IM and 200 fly on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Forget SCY and consider the Ontario Provincial Champs March 28th to 30th in the big, brand new pool they are building there -- http://2014provincialchampionships.com/. There's about a 1-2% chance I'll go, but that's around my birthday so I'm thinking about seeing if my wife's game for me to do that AND Santa Clara. The event order would rock for me to jet in for two days and do the 400 IM on Friday and then the 200 IM and 200 fly on Saturday.
    Sounds quite interesting actually, but it is one week before Zones I want to go to Zones just to see my PV friends. USMS is recognizing all Canadian meets now?
    Canadian Nationals are going to be at the same pool from May 16-19.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Canadian Nationals are going to be at the same pool from May 16-19.
    Ah, good information! Perhaps this year I will attend.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Sounds quite interesting actually, but it is one week before Zones I want to go to Zones just to see my PV friends. USMS is recognizing all Canadian meets now?
    Wow, this meet sounds like a interesting idea. Canadian Meets are recognized by USMS if they are recognized by FINA. I guess that this is the case? Canadians seem to know how to build new facilities where new facilities get built. All they build in the NE are overrated McMansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Wow, this meet sounds like a interesting idea. Canadian Meets are recognized by USMS if they are recognized by FINA. I guess that this is the case? Canadians seem to know how to build new facilities where new facilities get built. All they build in the NE are overrated McMansions.
    I know, right? It does sound promising. I'm sure it will be recognized by FINA. You would just need to alert your TT recorder, I guess. As I recall, Canada does not send USMS results of USMS members.

NE does seem to suffer from pool shortages and sub-par pools. Here, our local high school has a spanking brand new pool. However, the locals can rarely use it so it's useless to anyone except HS and USAS kids.