View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 62 - Tuesday afternoon training camp workout #6

Rate this Entry
I did not have long between the end of my lunch workout and my daughters practice but I used the time to grab some food and rehydrate before heading back to the pool. My car has been making some weird noises on the drivers side so I dropped it off at the garage last night. As a result we are down to one car. I ended up driving to the pool which meant my daughter had to wait around after her practice until I was done. I asked the coaches to keep an eye on her for me and all worked out great. She even took the opportunity to scream some instructions at me which made everyone laugh. Tonight's practice was the best I have felt yet. The warm up was a little rocky but After I got going I swam great. I plan on icing my left shoulder again since I have some discomfort as I write up this entry. It's always worse in the morning so I suspect I will feel stiff and sore if I don't ice well.

We did about 20 minutes of stretching before the workout which I am sure helped me.

Warm up
600 swum as 4x(50 free, 50 fly drill, 50 fly kick)

Transition set
4x(300 free with snorkel on 4mins, swum by 25 6kicks,3stroke, catchup with over kick, 6x50 back on 50, odds drill, evens descend 1-3)

Main set
20x25 alternating kick with snorkel, and 6 line kick on 40
20x25 alternating scull with kick, and 4 line kick on 40
5x(2x75 fast free on 1min, 6x50 free on 40, 2x50 drill on 50)

Fun set
3 rounds of bungee battles - coach picks partners, each partner ties the end of a bungee cord to there waist and then each swimmer swims in the opposite direction and the winner is the one who gets to the lags first. I won 2 rounds and lost the last round.

Warm down
175 easy

Total 7000scy

I held 42s on the fast 75s and 30s on the 50s. My stroke felt good and overall I felt strong throughout this set.

Submit "Week 62 - Tuesday afternoon training camp workout #6" to Digg Submit "Week 62 - Tuesday afternoon training camp workout #6" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 62 - Tuesday afternoon training camp workout #6" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 62 - Tuesday afternoon training camp workout #6" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Go Stewart! I'm impressed. Very impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Go Stewart! I'm impressed. Very impressed.
    Thanks Kirk. Swimming is such a mental sport. Based on how I felt yesterday morning there is no way I should have been able to do a practice like this. The difference between how I felt last night compared to yesterday morning was incredible.

I still have a long way to go this week but I am having a lot of fun along the way! Those kids definately keep you on your toes.