Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

600 various
100 scull
4 x 50 fly drills
50 EZ
6 x 25 bust + cruise @ 1:0
150 EZ
3 x (25 AFAP from the blocked + 125 EZ)
-- rolling on :50: fly (11mid), free (10 high), breast (14)
1 x 50 free w/fins, broken for :10 (19)
200 EZ
6 x 25 DPS free, working on breakouts
100 EZ

Total: 2350

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got a deep tissue massage yesterday and felt kinda sloggy at first in the water. But my times were fast.

Psych sheets for NE Champs are out: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-m1...T2s/edit?pli=1

I'm seeded in the top five for every event and 1st for 50 fly and back. Now I'm having second thoughts about doing 50 breast instead of 100 back. I haven't trained at all for 100 back and will be well off my NR (where I was UW for an exceedingly long time), but easier to get the AA there than in 50 breast Otoh, my breast has been very fast lately. Decisions, decisions I should probably stick with my original plan.

I received all my replacement swim gear today. I got a Speedo "lucky bag" in my backpack with mirrored goggles, a goggle case and a silicon cap. Sweet!

Submit "Thursday, Dec. 5" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Dec. 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Dec. 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Dec. 5" to Google

Updated December 5th, 2013 at 03:39 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

we both got massages on the same day... but I have no idea how you could do anything fast today. I felt very sluggish.

Thanks for the link to the psych sheets! I'm rather surprised how high I'm ranked. I think they still seed M/W separately, then by time?
    oh, they have my team listed correctly this year. and I'll be wearing a Mesa cap too, with my name on it (Paul haters can take it out on me I suppose)

glad you got your replacement gear! I have my stuff all gathered together already, and I'll take some extra suits, just in case.
    Do the breast!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    we both got massages on the same day... but I have no idea how you could do anything fast today. I felt very sluggish.

Thanks for the link to the psych sheets! I'm rather surprised how high I'm ranked. I think they still seed M/W separately, then by time?
    oh, they have my team listed correctly this year. and I'll be wearing a Mesa cap too, with my name on it (Paul haters can take it out on me I suppose)

glad you got your replacement gear! I have my stuff all gathered together already, and I'll take some extra suits, just in case.
    Well, I didn't do too much fast. I didn't feel really sore until last night from it. I'll cruise today and am taking the weekend off altogether bc I'm in NY. Not ideal, but not that bad either.

Are there a lot of Paul haters in AZ? I mean, he can be opinionated, but I think he's a fantastic coach and charismatic. I'll look for the cap. I'll be cruising in a tad late Sat am since my first event is 50 fly.
    Updated December 6th, 2013 at 09:34 AM by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by magick17
    Do the breast!!!
    Yay input! Yes, I thought about it last night and am doing the 50 breast. I've done some IM training, but really haven't done any training for the 100 back. It would likely just be painful. So 50 breast it is!