View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Friday,

Rate this Entry
by , December 6th, 2013 at 06:33 PM (394 Views)
SCY@Fort Myers Aquatic Center
Air temp of 72, pool at 80
Partly sunny skies with humidity at 62%

Warm up
400 IM kick
400 IM as 25DR/25S w/snorkel
8x25 SDK frontside UW on 1:00 *16s-14s

*Set 1*
4(10x50s on 1:10, 1:00 rest)

• 1) 25 Fly Fast - timed, open turn into 25 BK Steady, *14s-13s
  • 2) 25 BK Fast - timed, open turn into 25 BR Steady, *15s-14s
  • 3) 25 BR Fast - timed, open turn into 25 FR Steady, *18s-17s
  • 4) 25 FR Fast - timed, open turn into 25 FR Strong, *13s-12s, 50s *31-27

Warm down
500 FR Pull w/agility paddles-tube-buoy-snorkel

Comments:
The last three days of this week I am feeling much better than the previous four weeks. There is much less aching, better sleeping, and my stomach nausea is gone. I water fasted 12 hours last Friday, and 8 hours again this Tuesday, which seemed to help. Also I believe the MSM supplement Fort recommended is a positive contribution.

In addition, the last four days I was feeling good enough to do 10-20 minutes of light weights, core exercises, and some assisted pull ups/bar dips. I have re-discovered that before workouts and later on at home that massaging a little muscle cream (10% menthol, 15% methyl salicylate) in specific achy places tends help reduce the amount of it.

My time at work and sometimes at home these last three months has been dominated by a usability project I am doing for UCF (University of Central Florida), but it will be completed in another week. While I have not been able to get to any SCM meets as hoped for, I am registered for the USMS sanctioned Florida Senior Games State Championships being held here in Fort Myers in one of the two pools that I have a membership, the FMAC (8 lane 25yd facility 4-6 feet deep).

I will swim the 100 BK, 50 Fly, 50 FR, and 200 IM events on Sunday, 12/15, in that order. They all follow one another, so my only rest will be the women's heats, and the early men's heats, depending on how many swimmers are entered those events. I can only swim Sunday, as I am committed elsewhere on Saturday.

After this swim meet, I will attempt to rebuild my aerobic freestyle base for OW, but still with a focus on IM training and speed in each stroke. The dryland activities will be light and then building gradually after the meet, but only up to moderate levels.

Submit "Friday," to Digg Submit "Friday," to del.icio.us Submit "Friday," to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday," to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I am glad you are feeling better. Did you ever go to the doctor to determine what is going on? Feeling crumby for an extended period of time sucks! I hope you continue to feel better.