View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 63 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I was originally heading to LA tonight with work but at 3am American Airlines phoned my house to inform me my flight was cancelled and I had been rebooked on an alternate route via Boston. Needless to say I am not flying to LA from Dallas via Boston and will postpone the trip. Anyhow, with the early call I was up early and was excited to be heading to practice. Today's workout was really tough but again I saw improvement in our 10x300 test set which is very rewarding.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
10x300 pull with paddles on 3.30
10x200 pull with paddles on 2.20
10x100 pull with paddles on 1.10

warm down
100 very easy

Total 6800scy

i may have done this much pulling in college( maybe) but I have defiantly not done this much in one practice with masters. This was a lot of pulling and I felt very tired at the end. Luckily my lats and tris are not too stiff as I write this but will no doubt feel this set tomorrow.

I worked the 300s and I went 3.05,3.03,3.01,3.01,3.01,3.00,3.01,3.03,3.03,3.03. The 200s I eased up a little and tried stretching out focusing on DPS and held 2.05s. The 100s I picked back up again and held 1.01s until the last one where I went 59. We swum several longer workouts last week but this was done in about 1hr and 20 mins with only 30 seconds between sets to rehydrate and this made it even tougher.

Submit "Week 63 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 63 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 63 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 63 - Monday" to Google

Updated December 9th, 2013 at 02:37 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune but the thought of being woken up at 3am to be told of that rerouting has me giggling!
    Are you going to be at the pool in the morning? Now that I can get out of my driveway I'm am so ready to get back in the pool! We had so many trees break during the ice storm and one fell and blocked our driveway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune but the thought of being woken up at 3am to be told of that rerouting has me giggling!
    Believe it or not I laughed too. It was more of a, "You have to be joking laugh", but a laugh. Then when I saw the reroute I laughed even harder. The weather is moving west to east and the reroute takes me east, ultimately to turn right around and fly west. It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Are you going to be at the pool in the morning? Now that I can get out of my driveway I'm am so ready to get back in the pool! We had so many trees break during the ice storm and one fell and blocked our driveway.
    Yes I will be there in the morning. See you then.
    this was done in about 1hr and 20 mins
    6800 yards in 1:20? Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    6800 yards in 1:20? Wow!
    So the only rest was 30 seconds between sets in the main set and everything was swum on a 1.10 base. It was brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Believe it or not I laughed too. It was more of a, "You have to be joking laugh", but a laugh. Then when I saw the reroute I laughed even harder. The weather is moving west to east and the reroute takes me east, ultimately to turn right around and fly west. It makes no sense whatsoever.
    But think of all the frequent flyer miles you missed out on
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    But think of all the frequent flyer miles you missed out on
    Yes that's true. This is the first year in a long time I have not been platinum or executive platinum with American and despite the air miles coming in handy I have started to take into account the time I give up with my family when I fly.
    I have started to take into account the time I give up with my family when I fly.
    ...how about "when I swim"?

That set is just unreal! You're going to be amazing this year!! --I'll still challenge you to a 200 Fly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    ...how about "when I swim"?

That set is just unreal! You're going to be amazing this year!! --I'll still challenge you to a 200 Fly though.
    It was a tough set for sure. I hope I have a great year but I definately have a long way to go to accomplish my goals for the year. The great thing about swimming is there is always something to motivate me. 200 fly is not one of those things unfortunately. Not only could you challenge me you could kick my butt. Fly is definately not my stroke although a team mate of mine really wants me to swim a 100 fly for time, so maybe next fall I will give it a try.