View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 63 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I was tired again when I woke this morning but not as bad as yesterday. Last nights swim helped a lot with getting the ache and pain from weights out of my system. We used a new(but really old) toy this morning in the finis parachute trunks.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

main set
8x200 on 3mins with finis parachute trunk.
8x100 kick with fins on 1.30 with finis parachute trunks
3x(4x25 free AFAP, 2x100 IM on 1.20)
1000 swim with snorkel on 12 mins

Total 5000scy

the parachute pants made the 200s swim and the 100s kick(despite the fins) really tough. I held 2.25s on the 200s and 1.10s on the 100. I held 13s on the 25s and 1.12/1.13 on the IM's. The 1000 was great because it enabled me to have a nice long warm down.

Submit "Week 63 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 63 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 63 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 63 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

What are parachute trunks/pants?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    What are parachute trunks/pants?
    This is what my coach called them.

http://www.metroswimshop.com/product...Q#.UqkJRmt5mSM

They are drag trunks with wings on the side. It's no where near as hard a parachute but they are definately pretty tough. What I liked the most was that I could actually swim with good form. I have struggled with a real parachute due to my legs getting tangled with the line connected to the parachute. I tend to let my legs drop to avoid getting tangled, but with these you can do a normal kick and even tumble turns are pretty straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    This is what my coach called them.

http://www.metroswimshop.com/product...Q#.UqkJRmt5mSM

They are drag trunks with wings on the side. It's no where near as hard a parachute but they are definately pretty tough. What I liked the most was that I could actually swim with good form. I have struggled with a real parachute due to my legs getting tangled with the line connected to the parachute. I tend to let my legs drop to avoid getting tangled, but with these you can do a normal kick and even tumble turns are pretty straight forward.
    Yikes, can't imagine doing 200s with them! You could get some additional string and extend the parachute length.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yikes, can't imagine doing 200s with them! You could get some additional string and extend the parachute length.
    Yeah the 200s were pretty tough.

Its not really the length of the cord as much as it is the cord itself. My feet get tangled with the cord and I end dropping my feet to avoid the cord. What I liked about this suit was the fact that I did not have to adjust my stroke or body position at all. It felt very natural(just tough).