View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thursday, Dec. 12

Rate this Entry
by , December 12th, 2013 at 06:05 PM (543 Views)
900 EZ at Sewickley + some hot tubbing and a massage

Feeling a bit twitchy now, which is a good sign. But my legs aren't as rested as I'd like.

There's supposed to be a storm in Boston on Saturday. Ugh. One year SwimStud and I almost killed ourselves driving around in a storm and tons of people scratched. I don't have as much rest as I'd like Sat anyway since my first event isn't until 12:25. On the other hand, it's good for me to compete in the afternoon when I usually train.

Hoping for safe travels!

Submit "Thursday, Dec. 12" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Dec. 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Dec. 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Dec. 12" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

http://www.weather.com/weather/weeke...+USMA0046:1:US

It looks like Sunday may be worse than Saturday in Boston! Good luck Leslie !
    Ugh! I'm not that fond of driving in snowstorms anymore. It's been a long time since my MN days. And it will mean there will be tons of scratches ...
    Best of luck on the weather, the driving and the racing.
    Ha-ha. When I read the word scratches, I thought you were talking about damaging your car by driving in Boston. If it gets real bad, I'll just take the T. The Green Line stops right out front of the pool. You should use it if you can. Just dump the car at the hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Best of luck on the weather, the driving and the racing.
    Thanks Patrick, 6-12 inches projected, worse on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers
    Ha-ha. When I read the word scratches, I thought you were talking about damaging your car by driving in Boston. If it gets real bad, I'll just take the T. The Green Line stops right out front of the pool. You should use it if you can. Just dump the car at the hotel.
    Thanks, yup had considered the T. Hope the weather forecasters are wrong!
    More scratches means more clear water for a super swim. I am assuming there is no mixed events at a big meet like this. Either way you will do awesome. Good luck Fort.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    More scratches means more clear water for a super swim. I am assuming there is no mixed events at a big meet like this. Either way you will do awesome. Good luck Fort.
    This meet is positive check in and only seeded an hour before the event. So scratches = fewer heats. There are no empty lanes unless you check in and then scratch. Which I did several times.