View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 12/17/13: evening

Rate this Entry
The snow kept coming down, as we picked up another 4 inches today. That placid snowfall, where the clouds are low, the snow is falling as if you were in a snow globe, and the quiet is loud, save the winds swirling about overhead and the odd passing car. I really enjoy it when it snows.

I got a call from the Rec saying that they would be closing early, since the Marauders called off their practice. So instead of swimming at 7:30, I jetted over for 5pm adult swim. No more than 4 people in the whole pool all night.

100 FR warmup

Jbs's Sweedish 1:01 50's
- start on the :10, swim 50yds and finish before :60. Go on the :11 (hence the 1:01), you get the drift...
- I did: kick, FR, BR, BK, FLY in that order, and changed to FR once I failed. I missed the kick and BR in the :20 block, back and fly in the :25 block, and failed the FR on the :31 sendoff. I think I missed the :32 the last time we did this as a team, so I was pleased with results.

- 50 kick on :60,
- 50 's on :60, as: easy FR down, cruise and BURST IMO back
- 50 kick on :60
- 50's on :60, as: BURST and cruise IMO down, easy back

5 x 100 on 1:40 (did as Shark Swim)

100 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2300 yds/50 min)
-----------------------------

That "Sweedish" set is nice, done either as 50's on 1:01 or 100's on 2:01. Jbs and the Maine Gang do some fun stuff

So, I can add to today 3 sessions of shoveling drylands. The snow was light and powdery, and since the temps are cold the roads are rally messy (they don't drop salt when it is below a certain temp). The boys game was canceled earlier, and there might be a delay tomorrow moring. "The weather outside is frightfull..."

Submit "Workout 12/17/13: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 12/17/13: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 12/17/13: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 12/17/13: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments