View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 64 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
My parents arrived last night. As I blogged yesterday we had a conflict due to my kids having end of year school concert and program and I arranged for a limo service to pick up my parents. Well my parents flight arrived but there baggage did not. We know that the baggage at least made it to Houston from London because they cleared customs in Houston and had to pick up their bags as part of the customs process. Long story short they arrived later than expected with no bags. American claims they would have their bags by 8am this morning and when I left the house this morning there was no sign of American or their bags.

As a result of all this I went to bed later than usual and had a restless nightís sleep. My wife is still feeling unwell and this is still a concern. The blood pressure meds are helping but her blood pressure is still high. I like to get to the pool early so I can get in an extra 10-15 mins and recently have been opening the pool. When I arrived this morning the box that has the lights on did not have the keys needed to turn the lights on. I managed to get some of the pool lights on but the main lights would not come on without the appropriate key(I know this sounds weird and its hard to describe but its like each light has a skeleton key hole that you have to put the key in and lift the switch). I still got in a little early and managed to get my warm-up done before most of the masters had arrived. A group of us tend to do this so we are hitting our main set as they are warming up.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
10x50 kick on 50

Main set
1x100 on 1.05
5x100 on 1.30
2x100 on 1.05
4x100 on 1.30
3x100 on 1.05
3x100 on 1.30
4x100 on 1.05
2x100 on 1.30
5x100 on 1.05
1x100 on 1.30
8x75 free on 55

Warm down
200 easy

Total 5000scy

The main set is one of my coaches favorites and its quite a difficult set. The first half is very simple but it gets really hard really quickly. I held 1.01ís on most of the fast 100ís. Its not that 1.01ís are slow but I think I could have kept going at that pace for quite a while which is testament to my aerobic base which is finally getting to a good spot, however I donít feel like I have any speed. So if I was asked to go a couple of 100s on a minute I would not be able to go that quick, but if I was asked to do 10x100s on 1.05 holding 1.01s I think I am in decent enough shape to do that. My coach and I discussed this and he feels that we are in a great spot and my speed will come as I taper over the next month. This was another set I did before Nationals and failed to complete so this is another indicator that I am in much better shape than I was this past spring which all bodes well for my taper meet in January.

I will try to get to the pool tonight to stay wet and will likely do a 2k swim.

Submit "Week 64 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 64 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 64 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 64 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

What a pain about the luggage! I hope it gets there soon.

I hope you get to the bottom of what's causing your wife's blood pressure problems soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    What a pain about the luggage! I hope it gets there soon.

I hope you get to the bottom of what's causing your wife's blood pressure problems soon!
    Thanks Ellen. It's now almost 24hrs later and still no bags and my wife is getting worse. She noes has a fever and is coughing. I wonder if she was coming down with the flu ahead of going to the doctors for her blood pressure and getting a flu shot. She tells me she will go back to the doctor if she is not better by Friday. I am trying to help out but I am not very good and I am not very sympathetic.