View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Dec. 18

Rate this Entry
by , December 18th, 2013 at 02:49 PM (566 Views)
Drylands:

RC/scap ex, 15 min
cable twist w/yoga ball, 35 x 2 x 15
captains chair leg raises, 3 x 15
back extensions w/plate, 25 x 2 x 12
wide grip lat pulldowns, 60 x 1 x 8, 75 x 2 x 8
low row, 75 x 3 x 8
leg press, 150 x 3 x 8
twisting plate swings, 25 x 1 x 15
knee tuck jumps, 2 x 8
push press, 45 x 3 x 8
explosive leg extensions, 75 x 3 x 15

Stretching, 20-25 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made it back to the gym today. I didn't go crazy, but suspect my upper body will be sore tomorrow. Wanted to do an EZ swim, but I didn't have time with the holidays looming. I'm way behind!

Submit "Wed., Dec. 18" to Digg Submit "Wed., Dec. 18" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Dec. 18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Dec. 18" to Google

Comments

Woo push press! Fun, right?
    How's the pool at the Rivers Club? I'm assuming it's not an option or you would have already mentioned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Love the push press! But can definitely feel it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    How's the pool at the Rivers Club? I'm assuming it's not an option or you would have already mentioned it.
    It's dreadful. 3-4 feet deep, aluminum and cloudy.
    Do you think that's too much for one session?

Thanks for the encouragement Jazz!
    Re "too much" work for strength, I think it's all about maintaining a good relative intensity. If the amount of weight you can use drops off by a lot at the end because you're tired, I'd say that's too much.

I split my strength work into upper body and lower body workouts, because most of my time is spent on warm-up, and lower-back/knees/hips need a different warm-up from wrists/elbows/shoulders.
    Re "too much" work for strength, I think it's all about maintaining a good relative intensity. If the amount of weight you can use drops off by a lot at the end because you're tired, I'd say that's too much.

I split my strength work into upper body and lower body workouts, because most of my time is spent on warm-up, and lower-back/knees/hips need a different warm-up from wrists/elbows/shoulders.
    Is your warm up at lower weight or something different?

I am wicked sore from yesterday. Prolly should have done half of it. I wish I hadn't allowed myself to get so de-trained ... I feel like its a long road back.
    Warm-up is mostly the lifts at lower weight. For lower body, I also add ankle stretching and maybe some leg swings or other hip flexibility. For upper body, I do wrist stretching, light arm curls, rotator cuff externals, and pec stretches.