View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:30-10:15am

Rate this Entry
I was able to break away from the house remodel project for a bit to get to the pool. My dad stayed at home with my little one while I went to play. He was just planning the next phase anyway, so lots of standing around looking.

This felt like I've been out of the water wayyyyy too much lately, and I never really felt good. My water cardio is almost down to nothing, as most of you know when you don't swim all the time, that first day back only feels good for about 75 yards or so...

500 Free EZ
(500/500)

10 x 50 SDK on back w/ short fins @ :50 (held around :40s)
(500/1000)

Ended up talking a bit here with the head guard, who is also the assistant coach on the swim team. She's gonna be putting in her notice to leave the team soon. Lots of various "issues", and I agree with why she's doing it.

500 Free Pull
(500/1500)

8 x 50 @ 1:00 (25 Fly, 25 Free EZ)
(400/1900)

------------------------
1900 Yards

We have a semi-organized practice session coming up on Saturday at 11:00am at the eastside Y pool, if anyone is interested. It'll be me, and a couple lifeguards who need to get back in shape (including me), and maybe a couple others. Our only rule: WE WILL BE CIRCLE SWIMMING in a YMCA lap lane during YMCA lap swim time. OMG!!! What will people think!!???

Submit "Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:30-10:15am" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:30-10:15am" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:30-10:15am" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:30-10:15am" to Google

Comments

lots of standing around looking.
    That is all I'm good for on home improvement projects ... unless, of course, there is a light bulb that is hard to reach and requires a tall guy to reach it.

WE WILL BE CIRCLE SWIMMING in a YMCA lap lane during YMCA lap swim time. OMG!!! What will people think!!???
    I think you'll be reported to the national office of the YMCA and be banned for bringing subversive, communist ideas into the organization. One person, one lane. That's the law of the land and don't mess with it, you radical.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That is all I'm good for on home improvement projects ... unless, of course, there is a light bulb that is hard to reach and requires a tall guy to reach it.
    I'm good for the physical work and ideas with the project, but with knowing my dad so well, I know how much his idea is "King", and my ideas may be "listened to" and sometimes applied. I did get one of my thoughts into the build process today though.
    I think you'll be reported to the national office of the YMCA and be banned for bringing subversive, communist ideas into the organization. One person, one lane. That's the law of the land and don't mess with it, you radical.
    These are the chances we'll have to take. Usually when I swim on Saturday lap swims, I'll split the lane with my dentist, a 65 year old, who actually know what competitive training/lap swimming is about. Both he and I would rather swim together even if an open lane is available just on the YMCA principle that we'll end up with some Unknown factor wanting to split the lane with us within the next 30 minutes or so.