View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Dec. 20

Rate this Entry
by , December 20th, 2013 at 04:53 PM (358 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Sewickley

Warm up:

600 various
100 scull
8 x 25 shooter w/fins @ :45
50 EZ

Main Sets:

Did a modified set from the HIT forum:

3 x through:
4 x 25 descend (R1 = free descend, R2 = smooth fly, R3 = breast descend) @ :30
4 x 50 free w/paddles descend @ 1:00
1 x 100 kick, negative split, faster each round
4 x 25 back kick, descend to 100 pace @ :30
R1= 50 EZ, R2 = 100 EZ, R3 = 150 EZ

200 various farting around trying to decide what to do ..

6 x 50 breast/free @ 100 pace @ 1:30
150 EZ

Total: 3400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mind is not really on swimming right now. I have the holidays on the brain and trouble concentrating. At least I'm in the water!

Article on why training more during the holidays is not a good idea:
http://www.swimmingscience.net/2013/...ng-effect.html

Submit "Friday, Dec. 20" to Digg Submit "Friday, Dec. 20" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Dec. 20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Dec. 20" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Hey Fort,

I will be in Pittsburgh the weekend after Xmas (in Squirrel Hill, a couple miles from U of Pitt, where my brother-in-law teaches). What are the accessible swimming options in the area? I can look at the "Places to Swim" listing on USMS but you may be aware of nuances that are on the list (and it may not be up to date anyway).

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    Hey Fort,

I will be in Pittsburgh the weekend after Xmas (in Squirrel Hill, a couple miles from U of Pitt, where my brother-in-law teaches). What are the accessible swimming options in the area? I can look at the "Places to Swim" listing on USMS but you may be aware of nuances that are on the list (and it may not be up to date anyway).

Chris
    I coach Team Pitt Masters at Trees Hall at the U of Pitt. We will have holiday practices from 9:30-11 am on Dec. 26/27/30/31. We don't have weekend practices. You just tell the guard at the front desk that you are there for masters practice.

Some other teams have early am practices, Peters Township and Chartiers Valley, but they're not close to Squirrel Hill. Sewickley Masters will have practice from 6:30-7:30 pm on Dec. 27 at the Sewickley Y. Mark Cox (Water Rat) will have the best info on early am practices. I'm not really sure on other teams holiday schedules.
    Thanks!