View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 65 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I woke up ahead of the alarm clock this morning feeling good. I did not feel bad in the pool but my feeling of no speed continued. I have a hard workout tomorrow and then I officially start the taper. Today was the descending 100 set and I got down to 1.03 but felt uncomfortable throughout. I donít think this was the ideal workout after a long weekend of swimming, but coach said to do it so I did it.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main set
Descending by 1 second 100ís starting at 1.30
200 easy
10x50 drill concentrating on 6 beat kick and hand entry
5 mins of breakout drills with breakout cord(short bungee)
4x25 on 45 with fast break outs

Warm down
200 easy

Total 4400scy(plus breakout work)

I held mainly 1.05ís on the descending 100s and was disappointed I did not go down to 1min.

Submit "Week 65 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 65 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 65 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 65 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. knelson's Avatar
    If you're feeling speedy now then something's wrong! Trust in the power of the taper.
  2. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    If you're feeling speedy now then something's wrong! Trust in the power of the taper.
    Kirk I think you must be speed reading. I felt no speed today but agree with your sentiment about trusting my coach and all the hard work I have put in. Roll on Christmas and my taper.
  3. knelson's Avatar
    What I meant is it's a good thing you're not feeling speed right now!
  4. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    What I meant is it's a good thing you're not feeling speed right now!
    Ah,my bad. I agree.

    Isn't it strange how sometimes you read something and completely misunderstand what's being written.
  5. ndauksavage's Avatar
    You had a really good workout today! I am having the same feeling about speed lately and Tom tells me it is midseason and I should feel this way. Just hang in there I know you will have an awesome taper meet. I might be there just to cheer but we will see cause I do not know how school will be. You need to not be so hard on yourself but I am the same way so I cannot blame you. Keep up the hard work and before you know it you will surprise yourself!
    P.S finally got my package from UPS
  6. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    You had a really good workout today! I am having the same feeling about speed lately and Tom tells me it is midseason and I should feel this way. Just hang in there I know you will have an awesome taper meet. I might be there just to cheer but we will see cause I do not know how school will be. You need to not be so hard on yourself but I am the same way so I cannot blame you. Keep up the hard work and before you know it you will surprise yourself!
    P.S finally got my package from UPS
    Thanks Nikki. I am glad you finally got your pancake from UPS. What a mess, but at least you have it now.

    As we have discussed previously I am my own worst critic and always want to swim fast. I also don't like making excuses. You put that all together and I am never happy with my performance and always want to swim quicker. Thanks so much for all your support.

    I had a long talk with a number of people at the party on Saturday and i think we may have a few others like Loraine who may go to worlds. We have a great workout group but would love to get more of them competing so we can have a team at some of the meets. I will keep working on it. Have a great Christmas and I will see you on Friday.