View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 66 - Tuesday

Rate this Entry
I had a restless nights sleep last night and woke up around 2am and the tossed and turned for another hour before finally deciding to just get up at around 3am. This mornings practice did not look that hard on paper but it was tough(I don't think the sleep made it any harder I just think it was tough).

Warm up
1000 with snorkel on 12.30min

Main sets
4x(4x50 free on 40, 100 AFAP on 2mins, 2x50 kick on 40, 50 easy on 1min)
3x500 on 6 mins

Warm down
10x50 drill on 50(focus on hand entry)

Total 4800scy

The first round of the main set was tough but I loosened up and got going on round two. The kick 50s made this a very hard set for me. The AFAP 100s I went 57,56,56,54/55. The kick 50s I held 36s, which I was really pleased with. Considering a month ago I was only holding 1.22 on best average 100s kick set, to go this quick on the 50s was awesome. The 500s were swum aerobic and I held 5.25s. Tom noticed my left hand is once again entering pinky first and over the center line of my body, so I worked on this again during the drill set. I suspect this is a life time bad habit that will take a while to fix. At least my kick has improved and I feel like my streamline off the wall is getting better. again the great think about our sport is that there is always something to work on and always something or someone to motivate you.

I entered my last GTD entry today and ended up at 775miles on the year. I have not been focused on the actual distance this year because of other goals and I was quite surprised I swam this far this year.

My Go The Distance 2013 Progress
775.76 miles swum (=1,365,342 yards, =1,248,469 meters).
View my monthly progress | my milestones/awards | Go The Distance 2013 results.
Most recent milestone achievement: 750 miles on 12/21.
224.24 miles (= 394,658 yards, = 360,875 meters) to next milestone (1000 miles milestone)

Submit "Week 66 - Tuesday" to Digg Submit "Week 66 - Tuesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 66 - Tuesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 66 - Tuesday" to Google

Updated December 31st, 2013 at 11:42 AM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Why is your coach concerned about the pinky entering first?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Why is your coach concerned about the pinky entering first?
    Its obviously a very subtle thing, but when he showed me my hand entry on video the first thing I do after my hand enters the water is rotate my hand from pinky entry to flat, before I catch. His thought is if I can enter my hand ready to catch without the need to rotate, it will allow me to catch earlier and faster.