View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Started P90X3!!!

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
by , January 2nd, 2014 at 04:11 PM (2233 Views)
Long time no blog post!

I got the flu right after the Christmas relay meet, started feeling bad on Saturday December 14th. I still don't feel 100%, but I can do modified workouts and manage my rest so I don't overdo it on my comeback.

I started P90X3 and it's awesome! I must say, 30 minutes is really just right. There's no need to do more or longer which I think is just diminishing return at around the 45 minute mark. The hard part is doing any of these programs AND swimming at the same time.

I've been workout out on my own because of the flu and then doing P90X3. I'd rather keep up the speed over yardage or reps, so here's a few of my main sets:

New Years Eve:
4 x 100's on 5 minutes, with TYR Burners, SCM
1st straight 1:12
2nd 50/10/50 1:08
3rd 50/10/25/5/25 1:04
4th 4 x 25, 5 secs 1:02

Day after New Years (Today):
4 x 50's from a dive, no interval, but around 3-4 mins.
broken 25/5/25
fly 32
back 35
breast 40
free 28

I was quite spent after those sets, but glad I did not waste my time with 200's and 100's of no real speed. That would have been garbage yardage for me. I just want to try to keep up my speed since I have no energy to spare, and i'm pretty tired with 2000 to 2500 total SCM.

If I don't feel much better, i'll probably strictly adhere to 4 x 50's, the 100 IM, and 100/200 backstroke. Anything else just feels so terribly difficult. I've already swum a 100 fly this season, so I don't feel the pressure to have to swim it again if I don't feel up to it.

I am also so woefully heavy - a whopping 143 lbs now - so I need to really watch the junk food for awhile, or at least moderate it to get back under 140. With P90X3, swimming consistently, and a bit of self-control, surely that is good for an "easy" first 5 lbs?

Submit "Started P90X3!!!" to Digg Submit "Started P90X3!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Started P90X3!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Started P90X3!!!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Happy New Year! I hope you are totally recovered from that flu soon.
    My wife still carries on with the P90X Plyo DVD, and a couple other of the DVDs on occasion (as well as treadmill running)...whereas I just choose to sit back and make comments. They're fun to do when you're in "P90X shape", but restarting them just isn't something I need right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur
    Happy New Year! I hope you are totally recovered from that flu soon.
    Thank you! Happy New Year to you! Apparently it's going around, some flu/cold thing that takes a long time to fully recover. I think it's a great premise for yet anther zombie movie, where it's a flu strain and most people just don't recover and turn into zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    My wife still carries on with the P90X Plyo DVD, and a couple other of the DVDs on occasion (as well as treadmill running)...whereas I just choose to sit back and make comments. They're fun to do when you're in "P90X shape", but restarting them just isn't something I need right now.
    Yes, I liked plyo and several of the other original P90X routines - I would do them but NOT do the repeat, hahaha!

Do you know anyone that did P90X2? I didn't read very good reviews about it. You'd like P90X3 since it's only 30 minutes!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Thank you! Happy New Year to you! Apparently it's going around, some flu/cold thing that takes a long time to fully recover. I think it's a great premise for yet anther zombie movie, where it's a flu strain and most people just don't recover and turn into zombies.
    If it takes a few weeks to recover it sounds like the flu. I think that is the plot of the movie I am Legend! A lab made virus was designed to cure cancer but it had the unfortunate side effect of turning most people into zombies ;p