View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Cloudy morning swim

Rate this Entry
This morning I had a good swim at the PCB Aquatic Center. I was hoping to swim in the rain, but it was mostly gray with just a few drops. At least the forecast thunderstorms didn’t show up! Here’s what I did:

1000 lcm warmup (400s, 200IM K, 200p, 200IM d/s)

4 x 150 (K/Build/easy), IM order
8 x 200 @ 3:45, odds IM desc, evens FR < 3:20

10 x 50 w/zoomers @ 1:05, odds K, evens K w/ arms

100 easy

6 x 100 FR/BK, desc. 1-3 and 4-6 @ 1:50

100 easy

3 x 200, odds pull w/ paddles, even FR/BK by 50s

100 warmdown

I had my own lane for all but the last 500 or so of this—when the visiting Sewanee team showed up I moved over to split a lane with another lap swimmer. The visiting college swimmers must envy the teams that actually go somewhere warm for their winter training trip—it’s been rainy and cool for most of their stay, and while the sun is coming back tomorrow, it will be chilly! I prefer this weather to tropical climes, but I think I’m in the minority on that!

Submit "Cloudy morning swim" to Digg Submit "Cloudy morning swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Cloudy morning swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cloudy morning swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Is that the Sewanee from Tennessee?? If that is the team, Panama City Beach is a major improvement from Monteagle, TN. Even if the weather is bad in PCB, it still better than the backwoods of the University of the South.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Is that the Sewanee from Tennessee?? If that is the team, Panama City Beach is a major improvement from Monteagle, TN. Even if the weather is bad in PCB, it still better than the backwoods of the University of the South.
    Yep, it's definitely that Sewanee (is there another)? I think they're the only college team visiting this year. Last year there were 4. This is probably the closest viable beach/pool destination within driving distance for them--and the PCB nightlife scene, even in winter, seems like it's been a draw.
    PCB would seem to be the closet beach to them. Sewanee has an interesting fact about the school. They were one of the original founding members of the southeastern conference.

I have never swam in their pool but it is suppose to be pretty nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    PCB would seem to be the closet beach to them. Sewanee has an interesting fact about the school. They were one of the original founding members of the southeastern conference.

I have never swam in their pool but it is suppose to be pretty nice.
    Sometimes when people ask me who my SEC team is I say Sewanee, just to be a smart aleck.