View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Double Kino

Rate this Entry
by , January 2nd, 2014 at 11:51 PM (24 Views)
I made it down to Mesa/Kino on both Tuesday morning for LCM at the eminently sane hour of 8am and then this morning, Thursday, for SCY at the not-so-sane hour of 5:30am. I managed 3,500 LCM on Tuesday with the main set being the Aussie 200 set as Tim noted here http://forums.usms.org/entry.php?314...t-swim-of-2013. I did mine IM, but the times were forgettable enough until the last round when I went the fly and breast from a dive (29+ and 39+) and was better on the back and free (34+ and 31-). That was my third day of LCM in a row and I was feeling it.

I think I wish I could say I took the 1st off because my wife and I painted the town red on the 31st, but we didn't. Considering that we typically stay in and watch movies, the fact that we went to an actual theater (7pm) was a bit of a 'wild and crazy' New Year's eve for us. Hat tip to my Mom for recommending Philomena. I did actually manage to stay up past midnight, but not by choice. Some neighbors' kids were having a party and someone had Mr. Microphone in the backyard counting down till the New Year.

I had expected to find LCM again when I went to Kino this morning, but was perfectly happy with the SCY setup. I didn't expect to swim well this morning as I'm coming down with something picked up on our travels. Whatever this sickness is, it laid my wife out yesterday with 101-102 temperatures ... and it seems to be coming on stronger in me as I write this. As for this morning, maybe it was the SCY or maybe it was the fear of Gordon/Starbucks running me down in the lane; whatever the case, I got going well.
  • Warmup and transition sets bringing me to 1,450 SCY
  • Main set
    • 1 x 100: at 1,000 race pace, was 1:04 (not so great)
    • 1 x 50: easy
    • Then, go through 2 x 100 - 1 x 50 - 3 x 100 - 1 x 50 - 4 x 100 - 1 x 50 - 5 x 100 - 1 x 50 where
      • 100s on 1:20, holding pace
      • 50s easy
      • Was 1:03s on round of 2 and 3
      • On Round of 4 was 1:02, 1:02+, 1:01+, 1:01
      • On Round of 5 was 1:01, 1:01, 1:01, 1:00, 0:59

• 6 x 50: on 1:00, kick with monofin going as far underwater SDK as possible, odd laps on stomach, even on back
  • 3 x 50: active recovery

TOTAL: 3,750 SCY

Commentary:

• My original plan was to hit a yoga class this evening, but, by about 3pm in the day, I could only breathe very shallowly and had started a pretty steady cough.

Submit "Double Kino" to Digg Submit "Double Kino" to del.icio.us Submit "Double Kino" to StumbleUpon Submit "Double Kino" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments