View RSS Feed

Calvin S

Friday 1/3/14

Rate this Entry
by , January 3rd, 2014 at 01:59 PM (165 Views)
Friday 1/3

PM only LCM

2x
300 swim
8x50 @ 1:00 odd: k/dr, even: dr/sw by 25 w/ fins
3x100 @ 1:20 AE pull w/ buoy + paddles + snorkel

6x100 @ 2:15 Rouse 100s w/ fins

2x
50 @ 1:00 AE FR kick w/ board
2x25 @ :25 FAST FR kick w/ board
100 EZ

Total: 3000

Arrived in Florida last night with the college team for their week long training trip. Unfortunately the pool we are training at is 30 minutes from our condos and there is no masters team there (or club team whose workouts work with my schedule). To make matters worse, there are no other pools in the Vero Beach/Sebastian area that seem to be open, so I am stuck coaching from 8-10, driving the girls back, then turning right around and driving back to the pool if I want to get a workout in before I have to be back to take the girls to the second practice at 3. Anyways, the silver lining is I can continue to train exclusively long course meters until I return to Little Rock on the 9th.

Submit "Friday 1/3/14" to Digg Submit "Friday 1/3/14" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday 1/3/14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday 1/3/14" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I was in Vero a few years back (my grandmother lived there) and was going to try to swim at St. Edwards (http://www.steds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=122904&rc=0), but never got around to it. Maybe you've already checked that out and they are non-functional at this time of year?

There's always the ocean for some nice cold water training
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I was in Vero a few years back (my grandmother lived there) and was going to try to swim at St. Edwards (http://www.steds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=122904&rc=0), but never got around to it. Maybe you've already checked that out and they are non-functional at this time of year?

There's always the ocean for some nice cold water training
    I will look into SES. Thanks, pwb. I actually just googled "public pools in vero beach/sebastian" and only got a few hits (the ones I checked into). SES never came up (although I guess it isn't "public").