View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team (01/04/14)

Rate this Entry
by , January 5th, 2014 at 12:50 PM (305 Views)
So I think that's gonna be the new name of my blog, cuz that's about how I feel most of the time!! It has been busy busy busy around our house - had loads of company for the holidays, and then daughter #2, had her #2 on NY Eve - bringing my total of grandkids up to 7 now. She had a scheduled c-section & wee've been babysitting big sister & running back & forth to the hospital, etc. Went back to work on Monday, after two weeks off, and I feel like I'm being punished for taking a vacation - so much paperwork to catch up on!!

So it's been very weird, weather wise around here - some days as hot as 75, some days as cold as 27 - scheduled to get down to 15 Tuesday morning, and workouts are held outside, unless it is below 30, and then they are canceled - unless it's a Saturday, in which case we have an alternate venue. Didn't know that until today's swim, but that's all right. Swam at 3pm SCY, and I don't think I've ever done a 5000 y workout in as short a time. Here's what we did:

600 back/free
500 pull, speed-play by 50's
500 drill/swim by 50's
300 fly/free by 50's (I did breast, as my shoulder doesn't appreciate fly right now)
200 kick
100 choice
THEN:
30 x 100 @ 1:20. Ridiculous. I did 10, rested one, then 9, changed lanes, did 8
Was coming in around the :17 at the end there. Geez..
200 easy. Two lanes over, there were two very young men coming in at the :00 and :01 on the last 10 of these. MOST impressive. They aren't even considered the Big Dogs around here. Times have changed.

On the bright side - I DID do 27 of them, which I think, is pretty good. More than necessary, but Winter Madness (that's what I call it anyway) ends on Monday.Yea.

Submit "Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team (01/04/14)" to Digg Submit "Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team (01/04/14)" to del.icio.us Submit "Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team (01/04/14)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team (01/04/14)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Haha, love the new blog title. I can't believe you have seven grandkids - you look way too young for that.

We're getting crazy cold weather here too and we are not prepared. I hope my pipes don't freeze!