evens = steady state
100 EZ

20 x 25 breast w/fins @ :40
-- trying to hold 14s
-- missed #12
175 EZ

Total: 3650

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was still really dragging yesterday I won't be dropping into bikram on a lark anymore after weights. Trying to decide if I should hit the gym or take a day off.

I'm a tad disappointed about my HIT successor. His workouts look fine; they just don't look like they are intended for masters sprinters I was hoping to see Rich Abrahams posting workouts. haha

Submit "Tuesday, Jan 7" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Jan 7" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Jan 7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Jan 7" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

The new HIT stuff looks ridiculous. That's the state of masters swimming. It's a mix of old-school "build a base" garbage and fitness swimmers (fat slow people) who want to feel like they got a good long workout so they can justify eating an entire cake later.
    Dont get me wrong; I love cake...but he/she is right. That new set at least from the first week is the entire reason I had to leave my masters program. He promises it will be better next week (via email). If not...sure we will figure something out.
    Yes, the first three workouts were just garbage yards. 9 x 250?! You would never catch me doing those kind of workouts. As you say Chris, it would make me want to quit masters swimming! "Base building" for short course sprints is a bit nonsensical. Ah well, hopefully with the feedback, he'll post some actual sprint workouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    The new HIT stuff looks ridiculous. That's the state of masters swimming. It's a mix of old-school "build a base" garbage and fitness swimmers (fat slow people) who want to feel like they got a good long workout so they can justify eating an entire cake later.
    I was referred to this guy's blog. He seems to have some interesting things to say about strength training. And it's in stark contrast to Rushall, who seems right about many things but not about strength.

http://www.eetukarvonen.com
    Eetu's blog looks great. This is truth:

We can safely state that maximal strength is the base of all athletism. Think about it, every athletic movement requires a certain amount of power and the higher your absolute capacity to produce force relative to your body weight is, the lesser percentage you have to use when doing, well, anything (to some degree).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Eetu's blog looks great. This is truth:
    Yep, saw that. Good quote. On another forum, I was reading a debate about how to improve starts. One coach advocated just doing starts and skipping drylands/plyometrics. I just laughed. I think I posted a study a few weeks ago where it was shown that plyometrics can help dramatically.

Hopefully, Eetu will keep posting. I subscribed via email.