View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 01/08/14: evening

Rate this Entry
My plans to double today were derailed due to an eye doctor visit at 9am. I don't mind the dentist nor the doctor, and actually looked forward to a stress echo to show off my wonderful pulse management last month, but I dread the optometrist. I always pop some acetaminophen before the test because I am a wimp when my eyes undergo the bring lights and rounds of drops - I have to remember to breathe! No big vision changes - first time in many years, so that is good. After helping my daughter try out a new used car (which we hope to bring home Friday), I headed to the pool before supper:

It was packed during the combo family/lap swim, and the water is back to 83+.

200 Fr/200 IM drill/200 IM drill (no Bk, too crowded)
400 Shark Swim

2 x 200 with AP
400 IM (50 drill, 50 swim)
1 x 200 FR (25 drill, 25 build)
1 x 200 Dolphin Dives in Deep
14 x 25 on :30 (1 ez, 1 stroke fast, 1,2,1,3,1,4 (IM order))

200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2750 yds/60 min)
----------------------------

On a more serious note, we have a chain of gas stations in the NY/VT/MA area called Stewart's. I stopped in tonight for some milk and got a hand packed pint of ice crea to go - due to my selections, I was informed that they are having a shortage of peeanut butter and once the current supply of ice cream with it runs out, I'll be out of luck for a while. That is cause for alarm in my house, and I'm bummed because they come out with an annual flavor called Mud Season (coffee ice cream with chocolate chips and pb swirls). Have to make it myself

Submit "Workout 01/08/14: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 01/08/14: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 01/08/14: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 01/08/14: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I love Stewarts! I'd be in trouble if we had them in the city--as it is, it's always a treat to stop in for ice cream when I'm on a trip north.

I've had a better time at the eye doc since I learned to ask for just one drop of pupil-dilating potion in each eye. It takes slightly longer to work, but I'm not still needing sunglasses indoors 12 hours afterward. My doc said my eyes dilated just fine for the exam with the reduced dosage, and (after I mentioned it) admitted that's what he always had done to his own eyes when they were examined.