View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Jan 8

Rate this Entry

Drylands

I did decide to join LA Fitness. I was SO happy to drive somewhere that was less than 10 minutes from my house. I think the convenience will help keep me on track.

RC/scap ex, 10 min
russian twist on incline bench w/plate, 25 x 1 x 25
flutter kicks on bosu, 2 x 100
captains chair leg raises, 3 x 15
squat jumps w/bar, 45 x 2 x 8
altitude drops, 8
hip abductors, 90 x 3 x 8
HS hi row, 130 x 3 x 8
supine bench press, 40 x 3 x 12
extreme angle step ups w/bar, 35 x 3 x 10
explosive leg press, 175 x 2 x 15
good mornings, 65 x 3 x 8

Stretching/Yoga, 30 minutes

Swim/SCY @ Pitt

I went to my masters practice early just to get in an easy swim. I did around 2000. I did a few 25 flys @ 100 pace and I did 2 x 50 breast w/fins @ 100 pace. I went 28s on those -- fixing my pull must help. Maybe on day I'll work on my kick ...

Submit "Wed., Jan 8" to Digg Submit "Wed., Jan 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Jan 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Jan 8" to Google

Comments

maybe I will run into you some time at LA Fitness.
    Does your LA Fitness also have a pool?

You can join the most posh club that there is, but if you never go to that gym, it is of little use to you
    I note very often how the 24 Hour near my house is super convenient (about 2 miles away), although it certainly is far from posh. After swimming in that pool, most others seem like paradise.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    maybe I will run into you some time at LA Fitness.
    That would be cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Does your LA Fitness also have a pool?

You can join the most posh club that there is, but if you never go to that gym, it is of little use to you
    I note very often how the 24 Hour near my house is super convenient (about 2 miles away), although it certainly is far from posh. After swimming in that pool, most others seem like paradise.
    It does have the typical LA Fitness pool -- crappy and 3 1/2-5 feet deep. But there is an adjacent whirlpool. It would Ok for an easy post weights recovery swim.

Yes -- convenience is everything. I wish I had a closer quality pool ...
    Those supines benches are with dumbells right? Do you hold them with palms facing each other or towards the feet? That's about the weight I use by the way, you're a powerhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Those supines benches are with dumbells right? Do you hold them with palms facing each other or towards the feet? That's about the weight I use by the way, you're a powerhouse.
    I do them with palms facing each other. 40 lbs (2 DBs) isn't much. I was doing them with 30 lb DBs way back when ...