View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 67 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
I swam this evening so I could get some extra sleep last night. It felt really good to wake up and have breakfast with my family for a change. My dad and daughter joined me this evening and to my surprise my 10 year old daughter put fins on and did my workout. This was really fun.

Warm up
800 free with snorkel
10x50 drill swim on 1 min

Main set
6x100 best average kick on 2mins
3x300 swim with snorkel on 4 mins descend 1-3
2x500 swum as 50 kick, 50 swim with 30 seconds rest on #1, 25 fast, 75 DPS on the second

Warm down
100 easy

Total 3900scy

I did not feel very good at all tonight. I was just struggling getting going. I held between 1.20-1.22 on the kicks which is considerably slower than I have been the past couple weeks. I descended from 3.28, 3.20, 3.13 on the 300s and despite this being pretty slow felt awful. I am going to relax, forget about this one and move on tomorrow. This is the first workout I have done under 4k in months and months so at least my yardage is dropping so I will start to feel some speed soon.

Submit "Week 67 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 67 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 67 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 67 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

my 10 year old daughter put fins on and did my workout. This was really fun.
    and it won't be long before she won't need the fins. Hopefully it will be some time before you have to put them on
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    and it won't be long before she won't need the fins. Hopefully it will be some time before you have to put them on
    I can't wait for her to beat me, but until then I am going to do everything I can to stay ahead of her. When she beats me she will really be quicker than me and she has told me she hopes I have a little Olympian on my hands.