View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 67 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I don't know how but I set the alarm for 7am this morning which is almost 3hours later than I normally wake up. I did wake up around my normal time but was running 10minutes later than usual. Despite having a different start to the morning I felt good. I still don't feel easy in the pool but today was a much better day.

Warm up
400 swim with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main set
8x100 kick on 2mins with instructions to be no quicker than 1.30
5x200 on 3mins swum smooth with the 3rd 50 AFAP
10x50 drill, swim by 25 on 1min
16x25 on 30 with odds swum as 12.5 fast, 12.5 easy with a turn, evens swum as 12.5 easy, 12.5 fast with a turn

Warm down
300 easy

Total 3700scy

I held 1.27-1.30s on the kick 100s. The 200s felt smooth and I felt good on the 3rd 50s going fast. I held between 2.07-2.09 on these. I focused on hand entry, turns and breakout on the drill set, and again felt pretty good. The 25s were fun. All sets were swum with a group of lanes which was also fun; often I end up doing more yardage on quicker times than most lanes, so swimming with others was good fun.

There was a huge car crash on I30 early this morning so I have decided to work from the house today so I get to avoid 2hrs of driving today. I am sure this will help with my mental state. I am sure no one likes traffic jams, but I find a few hours in traffic just wrecks my day, so today I have made an executive decision and i am going avoid it.

Submit "Week 67 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 67 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 67 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 67 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Be glad you did I gave up after barely going anywhere after 2 hrs of driving! I am currently sitting at Starbucks waiting for it to die down! Traffics is horrible every direction out of rockwall
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Be glad you did I gave up after barely going anywhere after 2 hrs of driving! I am currently sitting at Starbucks waiting for it to die down! Traffics is horrible every direction out of rockwall
    the latest report I heard was it will be shut down til lunch at the earliest. It sucks. It took DeAnna over an hour to get from Cain middle school to my house by the Heath HS. This is usually a 5 min drive.