View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 67 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
I woke up early again this morning and once again felt pretty good. My daughter had two school events on Wednesday and Friday; her squad does not swim on Thursday and there is a meet this weekend she is not swimming. As a result she would have missed 5 days of practice and with her having an open meet next weekend we decided she would swim with me on Thursday and today. She did awesome on Thursday as I previously blogged. Today she did even better, swimming with the masters and doing most of the sets we did and this time without fins. I am so proud of her.

Today's workout was a mix of aerobic and up tempo pace work.

Warm up
400 swim with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
12x50 drill swim by 25 on 1min

Main set
4x(200 even pace on 2.30, 50 back on 40 fast, 50 easy recovery on 2mins)
3x400 swum #1 with snorkel and over kicking, #2 perfect stroke, #3 strong on 6mins
4x25 swum, 12.5 easy, 12.5 fast with turn, and 10 seconds rest

Warm down
100 easy

Total 3900scy

I felt quite good on the 200s going 2.01,2.00,2.00,1.59 by round. The 50s back felt really strong and I held 31s throughout. This set was good because we had lots of rest. My daughter did 150s to my 200s but on the same times on her 150 as my 200 and the same time on the fast 50 back. On the 400s the last one I went 4.15 and felt pretty good(probably 80-85% effort) the other two I held 1.10 pace per 100. I am slowly starting to feel better.

We are doing a meet warmup, one quick swim, and a meet warm down tomorrow. It's been good the past three days swimming under 4k and I am really looking forward to next week. I have arranged to be off work on Thursday so will shave down after a short swim ahead of the meet Friday. Can't wait.

Have I said, I am so proud of my daughter, she rocked today!

Submit "Week 67 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 67 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 67 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 67 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

She did really well today! She definitely has swimming in her blood
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    She did really well today! She definitely has swimming in her blood
    Thanks Nikki. She really enjoyed herself. All she talked about coming home was how she felt and how she did on the different sets.I hope she keephelp her excitement for swimming.
    It's always neat when the kids deign to be seen with us old fogeys! And I think it's cool you guys have an activity in common you can bond with a little.