View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Lackluster

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
by , January 11th, 2014 at 05:21 PM (149 Views)
Yesterday I got in for a throw down challenge workout that Scotty texted me, but just didn't have the energy at the end of the day... I was swimming slower than I have swum in a couple of years; just not recovering as quickly from the hard workouts this week. Here was the set:

6 x 500 on 10:00
swum as...
500 EZ warm-up
500 back
500 free
500 breast
500 free
500 fly*

*I was so worn out by this time that I decided to break up the fly into 5 x 100 on 2:00. Ran into Scotty today and he said when he did the workout (the one he proposed!) he felt too tired so left out fly altogether... I win. (Though his 500 times were a lot better on the rest). My EZ free warm-up actually felt quite hard even though it was slower than my usual warm-up pace. My third freestyle 500 was basically just a slow recovery swim. I was sore and ached all over.

Today I did 20 minutes (4K) on the rowing machine and 20 minutes of stretching on the mat to try to loosen up... even the rowing feels hard now. I got into the pool and did 1700 in drill after that. Not very impressive. hopefully i'll be a little better recovered for tomorrow's 80 x 25 on :45 workout with the gang.

YTD totals:
Swimming = 16.75 miles
Rowing = 23K

Submit "Lackluster" to Digg Submit "Lackluster" to del.icio.us Submit "Lackluster" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lackluster" to Google

Updated January 12th, 2014 at 01:05 PM by mcnair

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments