View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 01/13/14: evening

Rate this Entry
It was nice to get in the pool after a long weekend at work (first of the year and insurances do not go together)

200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill
4 x 50 b/c ~ :60
200 with AP - perfect technique
400 Shark Swim
4 x 100 on :10sr (last 25 = IMO fast)
200 shark swim to cool down
(Solo/Rec/2000 yds/40 min)
----------------------------

Watched the boys at their basketball game this afternoon when I got out of work. They were down by two at the half, but eneded up losing by 12. The coach took all the bigs out in the last quarter and the small guys just tossed attempts for 3-pointers (all 8 did not go in).

I watched the high school swim meet a bit before I swam. They didn't have a HS team when I was that age, just the town age group club. I think more kids would have stayed with swimming if the team aspect was present back then. I'm planning to double tomorrow, and drop by the HS team to help the (struggling) boys squad with technique and the whole team with turns.

Submit "Workout 01/13/14: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 01/13/14: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 01/13/14: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 01/13/14: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Don't worry Mike, HS swim teams are only fun when you are the best team in the region or state.
    This is VT we're talking about. Mike alone probably would've been the best team in the region or state!