View RSS Feed

AngieK

A Personal Best At Practice

Rate this Entry
by , January 17th, 2014 at 02:59 PM (1636 Views)
The other day I wasn't feeling it for practice. I didn't feel like I had had anything particularly awesome about the swim itself afterwards, either. But, today. I had awesomeness. Today was the first Friday we were given the chance to do a long swim after our normal Masters practice to prepare for our 1 Hour Postal swim at the end of the month. So, we did 3300 yards for practice. It wasn't too demanding of a practice because we have several swimmers competing in a meet this weekend. But, it was still work. I tried to be very realistic about what I'd be able to do after the practice. I didn't want to completely fall apart, physically. So, I asked our Coach, Sue, to set her watch for 30 minutes. I decided I wanted to see how I'd do at that point. My hopes were that I would be at a mile or a little over. And, I felt really pretty good. I kept a pretty steady pace for the first bunch of 100s. I ended up with 1750 yards in 30 minutes! I'm so happy and proud of myself. I did a 250 yard cool down after for 2000 extra yards, which, added to the 3300 practice yards, is the most I've logged in a single practice in my adult swimming life. I am really excited to see how I do next week. I'm going to have Sue set the clock at 45 minutes for me. Hour Postal, here I come!! ~AngieKozblogs

Submit "A Personal Best At Practice" to Digg Submit "A Personal Best At Practice" to del.icio.us Submit "A Personal Best At Practice" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Personal Best At Practice" to Google

Comments

My hopes were that I would be at a mile or a little over. And, I felt really pretty good. I kept a pretty steady pace for the first bunch of 100s. I ended up with 1750 yards in 30 minutes!
    A mile is 1760 yards, so I'd say you were darn close!
    Great job! My workout group is doing the ONS tomorrow - always a fun thing to do in January.
    Woo hoo!!!
    Thanks, guys! I appreciate your nice comments!