View RSS Feed

AngieK

Last Long Swim Day

Rate this Entry
by , January 24th, 2014 at 03:23 PM (1576 Views)
Today was the last of our planned long swim days to prepare for the One Hour Postal Swim. We hope to have one long swim a month down the road (maybe starting in March) to prepare for the Chesapeake Bay Swim, among other open water swims some members of our Masters club are planning for this summer. I had high hopes for myself today after enjoying a really good post practice long swim last week. However, due to a couple of "game-changers," I opted for a different goal. My original plan was to swim for 45 minutes and see how I did. Game Changer number one was that I started to come down with a cold this week, and while I've been diligently taking my Zicam for the past two days, I must admit to not being 100 percent. The great news is that I've been taking Zicam and felt good enough to be able to swim today. Game Changer number two was the killer workout Sue had for us today. Whew! It was a 3900 yard day, with the main set that looked like this: 4X 100 on 1:40 & 200 on 3:30 (Work the 100s); Then do a 100 or 200 easy followed by 4X 100 on 2:00 & 200 on 3:15 (Work the 200s). So, needless to say, I had a lot less left in the tank for the post-practice long swim than I did last week. However, since I am always competing with myself, I had to at least swim the same number of yards as last week's all time (practice) high. So, I set out to swim a 1000 and see how I felt after that. I did it and felt pretty tired. I was able to get the additional yardage in for the 5300 yard grand total, which is great. I didn't know what to expect, but am pretty happy. Not as happy as last week, mind you, but happy. Next week we will be doing the One Hour Postal Swim! Hopefully, I'll be in form for it. Happy Friday! ~AngieKozBlogs

Submit "Last Long Swim Day" to Digg Submit "Last Long Swim Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Last Long Swim Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Last Long Swim Day" to Google

Comments