View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Bring on the IM

Rate this Entry
I had a good solo swim at Riverbank this morning. I’ve been grooving on longer things lately, and today was no exception. Here’s how it went:

1000 lcm warmup

4 x 150 k/d/s, IM order

800, every 4th 50 ST, IM order
600, every 3rd 50 ST, IM order
400, alternating FR/ST (ST IM order)
200 IM
400 alt. ST/FR (ST IM order)
600 IM, substituting FR for every 3rd 50
800 IM, substituting FR for every 4th 50
[No intervals—took about 1:00 rest between each piece. Idea was to work ST and keep FR recovery-to-moderate pace throughout set.]

400 warmdown + play

That was it! I was nicely tired afterwards.

On some of the freestyle today I worked on exhaling fully underwater, and discovered that was quite different than what I usually do. I could maintain 3-stroke breathing when doing that and swimming with moderate effort. Something to work further on!

Submit "Bring on the IM" to Digg Submit "Bring on the IM" to del.icio.us Submit "Bring on the IM" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bring on the IM" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Down in your ancestral homeland, we've got a snow day tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Down in your ancestral homeland, we've got a snow day tomorrow!
    Maybe you should host the Superbowl, then?!

Enjoy! I hope that it's actual snow and not the dreaded "wintry mix." I think temps are supposed to climb back to reasonable numbers by the time I head back down there later this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Maybe you should host the Superbowl, then?!

Enjoy! I hope that it's actual snow and not the dreaded "wintry mix." I think temps are supposed to climb back to reasonable numbers by the time I head back down there later this week.
    I think here it's going to be freezing rain that may turn to snow later. Sounds lovely!