View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Jan 28-29

Rate this Entry

Tuesday:

Went to Pitt and did 1600 EZ. I was blasted from the 6 AFAP 100s from the day before. Legs were burning so much that I didn't even do shooters.

Wednesday: Drylands

RC/scap ex, 5 min
cable twist w/yoga ball, 20 x 1 x 15 each side (completely forgot to go back and do the other reps)
tricep press, 70 x 4 x 8
good mornings, 65 x 1 x 8, 70 x 3 x 8
explosive push on double cable machine, 35 x 3 x 30
explosive leg press, 175 x 3 x 15
seated row, 80 x 1 x 8, 90 x 2 x 6
glute isolator, 50 x 2 x 6 each leg
wood chop on cable machine, 25 x 3 x 8 each side
hip abductor, 100 x 4 x 6
kneeling ab crunch, 100 x 3 x 12
squat jumps w/bar, 45 x 2 x 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I entered the Albatross meet today. 100 IM time is a tad slow perhaps, but I want to stay out of the final mixed gender heat. A bunch of guys enter 1:15 last year and went much faster. Not sure how much I'll rest yet. Maybe 5 days.

Swim Meet Events

Event
Number
Gender Distance Stroke Time
4 Female 50 SCM Back 0:30.65
7 Female 50 SCM Breast 0:37.50
19 Female 100 SCM IM 1:15.10
21 Female 50 SCM Fly 0:29.99

Submit "Jan 28-29" to Digg Submit "Jan 28-29" to del.icio.us Submit "Jan 28-29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jan 28-29" to Google

Comments

Legs were burning so much that I didn't even do shooters.
    They must have been burning. From perusing your blogs, a day without shooters is a rare day, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    They must have been burning. From perusing your blogs, a day without shooters is a rare day, indeed.
    Hadn't done repeat 100 AFAP kicks in a LONG time. Plus, I always kick so much when I swim. Fried legs.
    Don't let Jeff Roddin know that you are going to sandbag the entry time. He will want to put you in the fast heat, outside lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Don't let Jeff Roddin know that you are going to sandbag the entry time. He will want to put you in the fast heat, outside lane.
    Ha! He will! I don't consider a second-ish a sandbags though. I'm not tapering for the meet either.
    I am unable to reply to your private message because it says you have exceeded your quota of allowed messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmygoogle
    I am unable to reply to your private message because it says you have exceeded your quota of allowed messages.
    Oh dear. Better go delete some! Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Ha! No, maybe I'll want to put Fort in the last heat between Neill and I instead. But that wouldn't be fair. Neill and I don't want to look bad in front of our friends...

BTW I have relinquished my Albatross duties this year and can't even control my own lanes let alone somebody else's lanes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    Ha! No, maybe I'll want to put Fort in the last heat between Neill and I instead. But that wouldn't be fair. Neill and I don't want to look bad in front of our friends...

BTW I have relinquished my Albatross duties this year and can't even control my own lanes let alone somebody else's lanes.
    I'm really glad someone has taken over for you after all those years of hard work! It's too much of a burden with two young kids.

Don't forget Clay! Who wants to be next to him? I think the second to last heat is really where I belong anyway.