View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Workout with team

Rate this Entry
I swam the morning workout at John Jay with Team New York. I had four nice lane mates for the following:

600 scy warmup

200 FR @ 2:50
4 X 50 FL/BK @ :55
4 x 50 BK/BR @ :55
4 x 50 BR/FR @ :55
8 x 50 FR fast @ 1:00 [I did odds fastish, evens moderate]

300 kick, alternating right side / left side / back by 25s

4 x 125 pull @ 2:00

4 x 125 (3 IM with rotating extra 25, 1 all stroke choice) @ 2:20

250 warmdown + synchro swim with Hannah

That was it! It was the good way to start a busy day.

I leave for another extended stay in Florida / Alabama tomorrow. Iím very lucky I didnít try to go a couple of days earlieróit sounds like things have been an icy mess both at the beach and in my hometown in southeast Alabama, with roads closed countywide in both places. It looks like temps are forecast to get back to seasonal highs (60s +/- 10) by the time Iím down there. Iím hoping to get in a good amount of outdoor swimming over the next month.

Correction to yesterdayís fun fact: Mr. Addict pointed out that Iím in fact older than the Super Bowl. It was born in 1967, a little over a year later than me, but it started out as Super Bowl I, while my age at birth was 0, hence the confusion. Oh well!

Submit "Workout with team" to Digg Submit "Workout with team" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout with team" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout with team" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Safe trip and enjoy those warm gulf waters. The hot water pipe to our upstairs master bath froze last night (didn't break and thawed by noon) and it was 6F when I left for the gym this AM. To top it off, someone posted on my fb page a prediction of a mid-Atlantic blizzard with 24"-34" of snow for 2/8-2/10 - hope they are joking. Nice intervals for the 200s and 50s stroke. If Dist = Vel x Time, then "V x D" = V^2 x T or D^2/T, neither are dimensionally relevant; where are you headed with this physics? We want stories of marine encounters and warm water asap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Safe trip and enjoy those warm gulf waters. The hot water pipe to our upstairs master bath froze last night (didn't break and thawed by noon) and it was 6F when I left for the gym this AM. To top it off, someone posted on my fb page a prediction of a mid-Atlantic blizzard with 24"-34" of snow for 2/8-2/10 - hope they are joking. Nice intervals for the 200s and 50s stroke. If Dist = Vel x Time, then "V x D" = V^2 x T or D^2/T, neither are dimensionally relevant; where are you headed with this physics? We want stories of marine encounters and warm water asap!
    Thanks for the good wishes! I made it to Alabama just fine, then drive down to the beach tomorrow. This winter has been crazy all over--I certainly hope there are no huge blizzards headed your way!

V x D: not physics equations, but my main set in Roman numerals.

I'll do my best to scare up some good ow swim stories over the next month!