View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 70 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I woke up early this morning because I promised to open the pool forgone of my team mates. When I went to open the pool my card did ot work with the card reader so we had to hangout for 30 minutes until our coach arrived with a real key. What a pain. Despite this start I felt good in,the pool again today.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catch upon 45

Main sets
12x75 kick on 1.20
10x50 on 35
6x200 free with parachute drag shorts on 3.30
16x25 from middle of the pool focusing on turns

Warm down
200 easy

Total 4100scy

I held 1min on the kick 75s and 30s on the 50s free. The 200s were fun and I really like the parachute shorts, they allow you to swim very naturally. I held just under 2.20s so was getting lots of rest. In reality I should have gone on a quicker send off since I was getting 40 seconds rest. The parachute shorts are not stressful on the shoulders which I also really like about them. The 25s were fun and once again I worked my turns.

Submit "Week 70 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 70 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 70 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 70 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice workout today! I have not yet swam with the parachute shorts yet
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Nice workout today! I have not yet swam with the parachute shorts yet
    You missed all the fun. One minute you were there and the next you were gone. Sorry about the challenge getting into the pool. Hopefully we have that resolved next week,
    Aren't those parachute shorts from the 80's? Or is it the parachute pants I'm thinking of?

Anyway, someone has probably already made that joke
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Aren't those parachute shorts from the 80's? Or is it the parachute pants I'm thinking of?

Anyway, someone has probably already made that joke
    Either way that's funny. Perhaps they why I liked them so much! I am a child of the 80s after all.