View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Monday and Tuesday :)

Rate this Entry
MONDAY we finally escaped the rainforestesque weather conditions and enjoyed a perfect, sunny indiana spring weather. I opted to run for 50:00 on River Road Trail and the golf course adjacent to it. It felt refreshing and uplifting to be outside in the fresh air!

Tuesday: Nasti's are still swimming at Fisher's High school due to a broken pool at Noblesville. Here is my workout-50 Meter Long Course pool-
1) 400 Freestyle Warm-up Swim
_________1st set___________________________
2) 200 (100 drill swim/100 free swim)
3) 200 (100 Kick on back/100 free swim)
4) 300 pull freestyle with paddles (20 sec. rest)
5) 300 freestyle swim
---------------2nd set-----------------------------------------------
6) 300 freestyle w/ paddles (20 sec rest)
7) 300 freestyle swim
8) 4 X 150 on 3:00
----------------------3rd set------------------------------------------
9) 4 X 50 on 1:10 freestyle
10) 4 X 50 on 1:05 freestyle
11) 4 X 50 on 1:00 freestyle
------------------cool downe-------------------------------------
12) 200 Backstroke cool down
3,400 meters

I keep saying I am going to start some type of strength program. Everytime I manage to fit a night in I get tired, and I don't have time to fulfill the obligations I have outside of work. I finally came to the realization that maybe if I didn't spend so much time on the USMS site I might be able to fit it in! U'd have to find a gym that opened around 11:00 pm though.

Submit "Monday and Tuesday :)" to Digg Submit "Monday and Tuesday :)" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday and Tuesday :)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday and Tuesday :)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've had that same epiphany. But then I wouldn't learn valuable stuff and have forum friends who I meet IRL. 11:00 is way too late to exercise! Can you do drylands at the pool before practice?
    I agree Fort...I learn alot on this forum too. I need to be more efficient in my transitions!
    My strength training only takes 30 minutes, 3x/week, but I have a full setup at home.

Here is a 10 minute strength training that you can fit in before you hop in the pool. Body weight squats, push ups, stretch cords. Maybe cycle through 3x, 10 squats, 15 push ups and 20 stretch cords.

Some pools have pull up and dip bars. If there are medicine balls at the pool, now you can add some weight to squats.
    Really good suggestion from Q. If you have a yoga ball or bosu at home, you can do core work with those as well.
    Great ideas! I have some fancy weight machines in my basement. When I go home I will look and see what they are called and maybe I could get some ideas about good exercises to do with them!