View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Good morning north wind!

Rate this Entry
After a few days of very warm temperatures, today’s windy, 37-degree predawn air reminded me how much I love my swim parka. I smiled at the steam coming off the pool as I drove up this morning for the PCST masters practice. The coach looked chilly on deck, so I let her keep my parka warm as I jumped into the pool for the following:

600 lcm warmup (300s, 300k)

2x thru:
4 x 100 FR fast @ 2:30
4 x 50 non-FR fast @ 1:30
[I went 1:24/25 on most of these—I was consistent if not fast—and a 44 on my best 50 back. It was nice having a workoutmate in the next lane to swim with—I postponed 2 of my first set of 50s til the end of the set so that we could swim together on the second round, and we both ended up going a little faster.]

That was it for the team workout. I stuck around in the now-otherwise-empty pool and did the following on my own:

400 pull with paddles
3 x magic 700 [free w/back, IM w/free, fr w/ kick]
400 pull with paddles
200 IM kick
100 warmdown + play

It was quite windy—I had trouble keeping my pool toys at the end of the lane—and with the wind and pool directions almost perfectly aligned, I enjoyed seeing how different strokes felt going with the wind vs going against it. When kicking freestyle with a board, the spray from my feet was blown against my head and neck—kind of a neat sensation. By the time I left a few other swimmers had come, which was a good thing—I had felt guilty watching the guards look cold, and knowing that they could have hung out inside if I hadn’t been there. They used to have little guard houses poolside that they used on cold days (just clear vinyl hung around guard chairs), but they’re not there this year.

Submit "Good morning north wind!" to Digg Submit "Good morning north wind!" to del.icio.us Submit "Good morning north wind!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Good morning north wind!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments