View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 71 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
Thursday afte practice I felt so bad I decided to work from home. By the end of the day I felt a little better. My throat was sore and I felt very tired and achy. Late Thursday we got an inch of snow which caused the schools to be shut on Friday and as result the school district closed the aquatic center, so no practice yesterday.

Today I felt much better and actually had one of the best nights sleep I have had in some time. I did my normal Saturday routine which is the only day I include a coffee before I swim. I had a very good practice today and we focused on mid distance quality oriented sets.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
3x500 free on 6mins, swum as #1 negative split, #2 overkill, #3 AFAP.
100 easy
2x(2x100 IM on 1.30, 3x200 on 2.30 descend 1-3 swum as #1 aim for 10 seconds rest, #2 aim for 20 seconds rest and #3 under 2mins)
4x50 Free relay

Warm down
200 easy

Total 4050scy

I felt good today. The 500s I did the first 500 with paddles and went 5.20 and negative split by 5. The second I focused on the over kick and went 5.40 and the AFAP I went 5.10 and also negative split the 500. The next set I held 1.10s on the IMs and then went 2.20,2.10,1.58,2.17,2.09,1.57 and felt strong. After finishing the set I was pretty winded and was told to hop out and do a relay. The relay in the next lane to me was about 10m ahead coming into my leg and the guy in the next lane is a former masters world champion(scot carpenter) and I could not resist doing a really big flier so went in enough time ahead of the guy in my lane so that I went in with Scot. I think I caught him by surprise because I took a body length on the first 25 and then went away on the second 25. Despite not liking to cheat I could not resist

Submit "Week 71 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 71 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 71 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 71 - Saturday" to Google

Updated February 8th, 2014 at 07:20 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice relay leg and supper IM set.
    That was so funny! Have a good weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    That was so funny! Have a good weekend!
    I don't think Scott was very impressed...but it was fun though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Nice relay leg and supper IM set.
    Thanks. Today was a lot of fun.