View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Perfect storm...

Rate this Entry
by , February 9th, 2014 at 04:17 PM (356 Views)
Just as I was beginning to recover somewhat from the flu I caught a nasty stomach bug that knocked me flat on my back for about 24 hours. Friday Morning I had packed my bag and was looking forward to an afternoon swim at the Y on my way home from work. The swim bag never made it out of the car. I left work early Friday afternoon and went straight to bed, then bathroom, then bed, then bathroom, then bed, then... well, you get the idea. My stomach felt a little better by Saturday morning, but I could barely stand I was so weak. Spent most of the day going to the kitchen, trying to find something bland enough for my stomach to handle, and then crawling back upstairs to the bedroom to sleep it off. Rinse, repeat.

Am out and about today... feel fairly normal, but I'm not swimming today and am spending the afternoon getting caught up on all the stuff I needed to get done Friday afternoon and yesterday. Sigh. This puts another big dent in my training. It just hasn't been my season so far!

Submit "Perfect storm..." to Digg Submit "Perfect storm..." to del.icio.us Submit "Perfect storm..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Perfect storm..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Getting sick does impact training level with a step back or two, but this can also be viewed as an early season cleansing of the sorts, like a pushed reset button that you can use as leverage so you can jump into your game with fresh momentum.

Take it easy, gradually build back into it.
    Sounds like a norovirus. Obnoxious but was able to recover fairly quickly. Hope you do too
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Was finally able to get back into the pool today. Did 2000 and felt pretty good, but the legs and lungs are still a bit weak, so i didn't push too much.