View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Monday, February 10, 2014 12:20-12:55pm

Rate this Entry
I've been quite sporadic with my attendance at the pool lately, but other things take precedence I guess. Work and house remodel mainly, but I'm still trying to stay in some semblance of shape for my meet(s) coming up soon.

I did enter a meet in western Washington on Sunday, the 23rd, in Kirkland with hopes to attend. This meets always tends to be well populated, and also has some fierce competition as well. I likey. I signed up for the 200 Free, 500 Free, 100 Fly, 200 Fly, and 200 IM I think.

The other meet I'm signed up for is in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho on March 7-8. It's a SCM meet, and I'm swimming the 400 IM, 1500 Free, and 200 Fly on Friday night. Then on Saturday swimming the 400 Free, 100 Fly, 200 IM, 100 Free, and 200 Back...as well as a 25 Free and 25 Fly in the sprint events. A few relays will make this one extra fun too.
I'm doing split requests in the meet too...planning to only race to the 800 (and 400) of the 1500 and cooldown the rest prior to the 200 Fly. On Saturday the plan is the split request the 400 Free (for a 200 Free time), since the 200 Free is just prior to the 100 Fly, and I want to go for Top Ten craziness all in one weekend.
It looks good on paper...we'll see how the weekend really goes!!!!

My swim this morning/afternoon, was kind of rushed in, since I only had a little over a 1/2 hour left of the lap swim time slot. It was mega crowded today, with no one knowing what the heck circle swimming or lane speed grouping means at all. I finally was able to get in, and then moved over with and old age group teammate of mine from way back in the day. We're both distance swimmers so we work well together. He can cream me in open water, but pool swimming is the other way around...mainly my turns are wayyyy better, and he can "outswim" me in a long stretch. Another reason I dislike long course meters as well.

400 Free warmup
(400/400)

400 Flutter Kick or Dolphin Kick w/ short fins on my back, while talking to Casey (who was fin kicking with a board) about my house project and other things.
(400/800)

prior to this set Casey said he only had 10 minutes left...so...
2 x 400 Free Pull @ 5:00 (he originally just wanted to do 1, but I talked him into it)
went 4:35, and then 4:32
We circle swam in the lane with me leading. It was good because he was near enough to me that if I slacked off I'd be getting run over. The 2nd one was a different story though.
(800/1600)

100 EZ
(100/1700)

8 x 25 @ :30 Odds EZ Free, Evens Fast Fly
(200/1900)

1 x 200 Free "pace" or EZ. Another guy wanted me to set a pace for him to follow holding 1:20/100 for a 200 time of 2:40. I was able to do that and finished right at 2:40...he however fell way back off pace after the 1st 50. More work to do bud...

----------------------
2100 Yards

Submit "Monday, February 10, 2014 12:20-12:55pm" to Digg Submit "Monday, February 10, 2014 12:20-12:55pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, February 10, 2014 12:20-12:55pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, February 10, 2014 12:20-12:55pm" to Google

Updated February 11th, 2014 at 04:12 AM by jaadams1

Categories
Swim Workouts , Daily Practices

Comments

Somehow I had it my head you were swimming SCM in your workout today and when i read 4.35 and 4.32 I thought OMG. Then I reread what you wrote and realized it was scy. I thought age group James was back in the pool!!! Still a very nice swim just not a SCM time.

You definitely get you monies worth out of the meet. Those are some serious lineups.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Somehow I had it my head you were swimming SCM in your workout today and when i read 4.35 and 4.32 I thought OMG. Then I reread what you wrote and realized it was scy. I thought age group James was back in the pool!!! Still a very nice swim just not a SCM time.

You definitely get you monies worth out of the meet. Those are some serious lineups.
    Yeah...I may be pretty good at swimming, but not THAT good. I don't think I could do that in a practice setting either!

The meets should be a blast like usual. That's why we do them!
    That's an interesting strategy for CdA. If you do relay leadoffs in the 50 free and 50 back, you could post times in 14 individual events (including the 25's), with legitimate top ten chances in (I'm guessing) 9 of them. Plus if you do any 400 or 800 relays, those are good top ten chances as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    That's an interesting strategy for CdA. If you do relay leadoffs in the 50 free and 50 back, you could post times in 14 individual events (including the 25's), with legitimate top ten chances in (I'm guessing) 9 of them. Plus if you do any 400 or 800 relays, those are good top ten chances as well.
    Very true...though I'm not sure if my swimming (or lack of) is going to get me where I'd honestly like to be as far as Top Tens. We'll just have to see though.