View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Still ten for ten on toes

Rate this Entry
It was cloudy, cold, and windy this morning at our 6am masters workout. With the full moon, I was hoping for a simultaneous moonset and sunrise, but the clouds revealed neither. Still, the dramatic dark clouds moving across the sky were plenty entertaining to watch as I did the following team+solo combo workout:

400 lcm warmup

4 x 150 (kick/swim/kick)

50 easy

5 x 100 FR @ 1:45, best average [1:28-1:30, avg. 1:29]

5 x 50 non-free @ 1:10

4 x 100 drill/swim, choice

400 FR pull w/paddles

12 x 100 FR/BK halfsies, 3 each @ 2:00, 1:55, 1:50, 1:45, desc. each set of 3 [1:36, 37, 37, 36 on fast ones]

Magic 700, alternating fast FR / easy BK

800 warmdown + play

That was it! On the warmdown I was backstroking along, watching what I first took as a bird-shaped kite flying nearby. It turned out to be our resident bald eagle air-surfing the gusty breezes. After I turned over and did a few strokes of freestyle, I thought about my feet trailing behind me, and how they might look vaguely fish-shaped from above, and decided to kick a little harder instead of just letting them trail behind me. It must have worked!

Submit "Still ten for ten on toes" to Digg Submit "Still ten for ten on toes" to del.icio.us Submit "Still ten for ten on toes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Still ten for ten on toes" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That sounds pretty magical!