View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:30-12:15pm

Rate this Entry
It feels like an eternity since I last swam, but according to my FLOG it's only been since Monday. I've done a ton of work between now and then, and had little sleep to fully recover for the most part, and that's what is taking a toll on my body.

Tuesday night ended up being a late night for me at work, having an emergency repair that kept me over 3 hours into the early morning hours. Friday night as well was a scheduled 12 hour shift till 3:00am, and I'll be doing it again tonight too. It'll be about a 60 hour week at work, as well as the countless hours I've been putting in at home on the remodel.

Needless to say, I'm a normal working person who swims as a hobby now, rather than a swimmer who works. It's tough mentally wanting to be able to do so much with my swimming too, but it'll have to wait. I am signed up for a meet next weekend in Seattle, but I am scheduled to work, which is probably for the better. I'd have to be rescued from the pool for not completing the 200 Fly anyway!

Speaking of that type of stuff, one of our head lifeguards at the pool got to do real life CPR earlier this week. Not at the pool, but at home. She was visiting her mother, and her mother's boyfriend collapsed on the ground. I guess she did CPR for 10 minutes solo, until EMS arrived to take over. They credit her with saving his life. Nice job to her!

Anyway...my short painful swim:

500 Free - this actually felt good
(500/500)

10 x 50 Flutter Kick w/ board @ 1:00 (held :50s and under)
10 x 50 SDK w/ short fins @ :45 (:40s and under) my legs were sore from this
(1000/1500)

3 x 100 Free Pull @ 1:20 - UGH!!!
both my left shoulder and my cardio told me to stop on this one! I'm not a young kid anymore, and need to ease back into things.
(300/1800)

200 really EZ

-------------------------
2000 Yards

Submit "Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:30-12:15pm" to Digg Submit "Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:30-12:15pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:30-12:15pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:30-12:15pm" to Google

Comments

One of the Cascade kids was telling me yesterday that a timer had to jump in and rescue a kid at districts. I guess the swimmer had a heart condition. He finished the race and then went under! Hopefully he'll be OK.

Hopefully we'll see you next weekend, but I understand if you've got to work. There's always another meet down the road!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    One of the Cascade kids was telling me yesterday that a timer had to jump in and rescue a kid at districts. I guess the swimmer had a heart condition. He finished the race and then went under! Hopefully he'll be OK.

Hopefully we'll see you next weekend, but I understand if you've got to work. There's always another meet down the road!
    It's a good thing people are paying attention to things like this. Even experienced athletes can have things happen!

As for the meet, provided the pass conditions are favorable for driving on Sunday, I may be "sick" at work.