View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 73 - Monday

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I had a great nights sleep and woke feeling rested. My key card To the pool did not work for some reason today so we had to wait for Tom to arrive(usually a few of us get an extra 10-15 minutes before Tom arrives on deck), but alas not today. Today's workout was a little different for a Monday and I was again very tired at the end of practice.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
10x50 on 33(swum as a transition from warmup to main) with instructions to get our heart rates up.
4x(500 on 7 min (swum as 200 pull, 100 kick, 200 pull), 100 free on 2mins AFAP)

Warm down
8x50 on 1min swum as double arm back, free by 25

Total 4000scy

I held 30-31s on the transition 50s. These were tougher than last week today and suspect they were earlier in the workout(I will have to check this). The 500s I swam high tempo aerobic holding 1.01s on the pull and 1.30 on the kick. I was getting about 1minute or so of rest due to the time taken to transition from pull to kick and back again. On the fast 100s I went 53,54,54 and 53. I felt strong and did not tie up until the very end of the last 100 but they hurt.

We have done a lot more high intensity swimming this last week and I feel good generally. Obviously I am tired but I think this mix will really help the back half of my mid distance races.

Submit "Week 73 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 73 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 73 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 73 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments