View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 73 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
We celebrated my wife's birthday by taking the kids out to the Saltgrass restaurant last night. It was fun but I am not used to eating late and despite being in bed by 9 my alarm came too quickly for my liking this morning. I drug my butt out of bed and to the pool on will power. Today's workout was not good and I sort of floated through it. I did not have any pep at all today. Two good things I guess; first I made it to the pool in the first place, and second no shoulder pain or discomfort today. Fingers crossed this was just the week catching up on me.

Warm up
8x100 on 1.20 with a snorkel

Main set
4x(4x50 kick on 50, 1x200 free with overkill on 2.15)
6x100 on 2mins best average
12x50 on 55 swum 12.5 fly kick underwater, 12.5 fast

Warm down
2x400 easy on 4.40

I held 40s on the kick and descended from 2.07 to 2.01on the overkick. These were hard especially the second 100. The best average I really went moderate because of my worry of shoulder pain and held 1min pace.

I have a USAS meet tomorrow and I am signed up for the 1650. Warmup is at 5pm so I am going to be cutting it close with work. Saturday I am swimming the DAM SMU USMS meet and I am signed up for the 50 back, 50 fly, 500 free, 200 free and 100 IM. I really need to do the USAS meet since I don't have not swum the 1650 and as such can't swim it in the A meets. Saturday should be fun and I should have some good races with Steve Unruh in both the 500 and 200 free. The other races are sort of fillers but should again be fun providing my shoulder is good after my mile tomorrow. I am hopeful I can go a good time on the mile but have not swum it short course as a master so this will be interesting.

Submit "Week 73 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 73 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 73 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 73 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Good luck today and this week-end. Looking forward to seeing your results!
    Good luck Stewart!
    Have some fun racing this weekend.
    Thanks everyone. I just got back from the USAS meet and as usual had a lot of fun. Tomorrow will be equally fun. I should have some really good competition and some fun races which is always fun too.