View RSS Feed

Mixing it up this year

Had a great meet this weekend

Rate this Entry
by , February 24th, 2014 at 07:33 AM (263 Views)
The meet in N. Myrtle Beach was a great one for me. After a few years of so so meets it is nice to have a good one. All of my times were faster than last year or last time I swam them. Highlights were the distance events 1650 free dropped 5 seconds from last year, 500 free went under 6:30, 200 back a 4 second drop from earlier this season, 400 IM dropping 3 seconds from my last swim. The best came at the end though 100 back breaking 1:20 which I have not been able to in the last 3 years and finishing with a strong 200 Fly right at my best for the year and it felt good.

There were other events too and they were ok, you know those sprint things that I have just decided to do what I do best.

Todays workout was more of a warm down from the meet.

500 free
500 free kick w/zoomers

5x100@1:30 free w/strapless paddles & bouy went 1:25, 1:23, 1:22, 1:21, 1:21
5x100@:15RI free w/snorkle 25 kick then easy 75 swim
500 free kick w/zoomers

4x100@2:00 IM order fly went 1:43, back went 1:41, breast went 1:51, and free went 1:21

100 EZ

Total 3000 yards

Submit "Had a great meet this weekend" to Digg Submit "Had a great meet this weekend" to del.icio.us Submit "Had a great meet this weekend" to StumbleUpon Submit "Had a great meet this weekend" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Congrats regarding your meet performance.

Though I admit I am biased, that meet was done perfectly. The results were available before you were even finished warming down for the event, and easy to find without reading glasses as they were filed individually and alphabetically. Just an overall well organized and prepped meet.
    Way to go!
    Grand strand masters always puts on a great meet!