View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Monday, February 24, 2014

Rate this Entry
by , February 24th, 2014 at 09:19 AM (243 Views)
Shoulder is killing me this morning, had to take some Gabapentin & may even need to find an old Percocet in the back of my drawer somewhere

1000 warmup, various
5 x 200 P @ 3:00 (was going about 2:30-40 -- just taking my time, cuz the water was so darn hot! 86F)
100 easy
10 x 100; 6 @ 1:40; 4 @ 1:30, wore zoomers on last 4
200 easy

Did some USRPT on Saturday - it was sorta fun! Definitely something to do when swimming solo & you have to find a way to push yourself.
Came up with a couple of new mind games for myself today - trying to push through the pain of my "frozen" shoulder and the horribly hot water. Amazing how hot water is just fine, if all you want to do is float around & talk. But try going anywhere fast, and in 25-50yds you just want to roll over & let the steam escape. Had an ex-Olympian in the lane next to me this morning, and I asked him what he did to motivate himself in hot water, and he just laughed and asked me if I had noticed how slow he was going. Nice to know the hot water affects us all equally. And he's only 30. And slim. And HOT, lol. Eye Candy at 5:30am - nice way to start the day, hahaha!

Submit "Monday, February 24, 2014" to Digg Submit "Monday, February 24, 2014" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, February 24, 2014" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, February 24, 2014" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Eye candy - love it! Great way to start a morning.