View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 74 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I had a restless nights sleep. My daughter got upset last night about not getting her TAGS cuts. I firmly believe there is a life lesson in what she is experiencing and I believe with the improvement she has seen she is doing lots of things right. I spent quite a bit of time laying there thinking about how to get her to see that this is an opportunity to refocus and qualify on the individual events and not rely on relays this summer. She is not a 50 swimmer and based on her stroke tempo and genetic disposition(she is very tall and skinny) suspect she will do better as she goes further. Obviously she is young(10) and time will tell but getting all worked up over a 50 for a relay is negative energy she should not have with the meet she had this weekend, but its hard to see this from her perspective and if the shoe was on the other foot no doubt I would have the same challenege.

Anyhow todays workout was long and tiring, but it felt good to swim with no pain in my shoulders.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
10x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
10x300 pull on 3.30
6x100 kick on 1.45
3x(2x25 fast free on 20, 1x25 fast back on 20 , 1x25 easy on 40)
12x50 drill swim by 25 on 50
10x50 free on 33

Warm down
200 easy

Total 6100 scy

I descended the 300s pull from 3.09 to 3.03. The kick I held 1.25s. The fast free 25s I found it hard to get going after all the aerobic work. I again descended going from 14s on round one to 12s on round three. The 10 x 50s on 33 was tough today but I pushed through it. I will be swimming tomorrow but then traveling to Washington DC this week so will hopefully train with the Alexandria team I have swum with previously. I always enjoy there workouts and I am looking forward to seeing some familiar friendly faces.

Submit "Week 74 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 74 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 74 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 74 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

When will you return from your trip? Nice workout today!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    When will you return from your trip? Nice workout today!
    I am out until Saturday, so no early workout on Friday I am afraid, unless you can convince Tom. Alternatively if you want to swim in the morning you can take the key and open up on Thursday and Friday. Your call.